No announcement yet.

Market price of OEM parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a $342.00 pair of tank badges?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9917&viewitem=
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I know, Chris... Please no comments

At least those horrible shiny repros will be gone! Let this heal my heart...

Kind regards!

Chris.

Comment

In 1974 I was offered a 100% original 47 Indian Chief....for free !!! Kat said we didn't have a place to put it so I turned it down. The bike belonged to my great uncle. He pasted away. Dad got the first offer for the bike. He didn't want it. I got the second offer. I turned it down. That bike sold for well over 50 Gs 10 years ago !!! Paps

Comment

Afraid it's a world wide thing,fellas, ...don't shoot the messenger

from Autoblog:

Franco Uncini's 1982 MotoGP title-winning Suzuki up for auction in Monaco

With the global economy in shambles, classic car collectors have been looking to something more affordable: namely, motorcycles. That's why, for example, Pebble Beach is opening up its concours to two-wheelers for the first time this year. Unfortunately for racing enthusiasts, championship-winning steeds seldom pop up for grabs. The factories and riders themselves tend to hang onto them. But here's one notable exception: the Suzuki 500 XR40 with which legendary rider Franco Uncini won the 1982 MotoGP World Championship.

Uncini's racing career was characterized by a checkered past filled with checkered flags. The Italian rider competed for Ducati, Harley-Davidson and Yamaha before finally filling the saddle at Suzuki,with which he won his first and only world title in 1982, the last Italian to win the MotoGP championship until Valentino Rossi began his reign in 2001. A devastating crash the following year put Uncini into a coma and ended his career in 1985. Today he acts as a safety representative for the series, riding around in that hot new BMW X6 M pace car we reported on earlier. He'll be on hand personally to supervise the auction of his championship-winning ride on May 18 when it goes under the hammer at the COYS auction in Monte Carlo together with 15 other historically-significant motorbikes. Uncini's bike is expected to fetch as much as €350,000, or nearly half a million dollars.

Comment

congratulations chris in japan----look like a good pair---i had a pair of nice originals with 85 % original paint that i had no intention of selling but a guy offered me $500 so reluctantly i let them go. down to my last pair now and am keeping them for my 47. this ain't over yet!!!!

Comment

I also think about the longevity of collecting these old things. I currently deal with a 90 year old man that has trailers!! When I think about it I feel with the way people are literally filling up trailers of bikes and sending them to japan, by the time my 90 yr old buddy dies and along with the other hoarders out there nothing will be left. So I guess in a way chris in japan you should be happy because it will all be in japan.

Comment

I think Japan is in the same boat as America. High wages, exported factory jobs, and a stressed out middle class. China is the growing giant. . . . . But, you never know what the future has in store. It could all change tomorrow. As for today, there are still a lot of rich Americans and poor American old motorcycle lovers who would prefer to be burried with their bikes.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

And a new star in the sky:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_746

Comment

Chris. Let it go. There will always be people that have money that they can squander. Bob
                    AMCA #3149
                    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Chris...some pockets are really deep. deeper than mine....deeper than yours. Don't worry none though, once the deeper pockets got what they wanted, you will get yours for 10 times less.

Comment

Fully agree, Bob, because I am one of those!
                        I posted it just for fun... Thanks God all my 3 HDs already match with their 6 fenders! Phew!

Comment

(i could steal some of my grandma golden teeth while asleep for some cash for few CP bolts! Hohoho!)

Comment

one thing about it---those rich guys will never pound the ground and find the deals or get their hands dirty---they wouldn't even know where to start looking unless they went to a SUPER OR GRAND swap meet. i drove around the back hills here today and scored a really nice set of 41-46 knuck tanks and a 46 el number side case with perfect numbers needing only a little repair to the front motor mount. total cost for all---$550. lets see those guys turn that kind of profit on wall street!!!!

Comment

Your right on that one flathappy. Good score by the way! I still hear stories of good deals. I just gotta find me some........
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

A new remarkable case:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1106

Kind regards,

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X