No announcement yet.

Oley pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true. Chris can easily be misunderstood, but thats how those curmudgeon's are.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

Great pics Barry!!! I gotta get down there someday. It looks like the perfect way to ring in spring!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

More Oley Pictures

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Awesome pics 34 VL! The Injun Tri-Car and the Reliance are pretty cool machines!!! Thanks for posting them!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Hey Dave! I didn't sense any bad vibes from Chris's post either. Mike told me when they picked up the bike it had the engine serial number all covered with grease and it was a surprise to see a 36 number! I never bothered to think about the frame as I was just admiring the bit of "Americana" as was just mentioned here. Kudos to Chris for noticing that so quickly. But wait until you hear this, the best part..... Inside on the same property was one of the ultimate Crockers! none other than Sam Parriott's twin still titled to Al Crocker himself!!! arrggg! holy grail for sure. How does MR. Martinico do it? If I found that it they could never pry it from my cold dead hands . Mike Terry has a very cool knuck there for sure. my only criticism is that butt ugly welded front skirt, period or not it would go back to the metal pile were it mine, but it ain't!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
              But wait until you hear this, the best part..... Inside on the same property was one of the ultimate Crockers! none other than Sam Parriott's twin still titled to Al Crocker himself!!! arrggg! holy grail for sure.
              What
              And no pic's now that is just not nice
              Jeff Bowles
              Arkansas
              Membership # 14023
              1957 Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                Hey Dave! I didn't sense any bad vibes from Chris's post either. Mike told me when they picked up the bike it had the engine serial number all covered with grease and it was a surprise to see a 36 number! I never bothered to think about the frame as I was just admiring the bit of "Americana" as was just mentioned here. Kudos to Chris for noticing that so quickly. But wait until you hear this, the best part..... Inside on the same property was one of the ultimate Crockers! none other than Sam Parriott's twin still titled to Al Crocker himself!!! arrggg! holy grail for sure. How does MR. Martinico do it? If I found that it they could never pry it from my cold dead hands . Mike Terry has a very cool knuck there for sure. my only criticism is that butt ugly welded front skirt, period or not it would go back to the metal pile were it mine, but it ain't!
                Holy s%$t! That is some kinda story! Hey Barry what's this I hear you made an appearance in a certain Saskatchewan newspaper..... I'll have to round up a copy.... Oh, and yeah that front fender thingamajiggy should definitely exit that machine.....but then again, it ain't mine either!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

I've seen that same front fender treatment as Mike's on a Jack Pine bike. All in all a very cool bike. And how does Vince do it? Beats me, but he does. Must be that type A personality!
                  Robbie
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
                    oley was great found a few little things for my indian

great shots everyone, I have not yet downloaded all my over 200 pic's

'cisco' terry's bike was great, won the highly looked for " wire brush" award on saturday, only handed out once a year at oley, not everyone has that great of luck

chris - where was your bike / bikes this weekend. maybe in the future you could stay out of conversations were you put down someones bike, their work or them in general. I probably say this for many others as well.

aka HAWG
                    Hawg,
                    In what way was I putting anything down? I was simply stating the obvious.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
                      Chris You missed the whole concept about Mike's 36. You should have been happy that someone saved an incredibly neat piece of Americana from destruction - instead you dig the bike for having the wrong frame.

Actually the only pieces 36 were the cases and the toolbox.

Jerry
                      I am glad it was saved. But what I can't understand is that I make a simple statement about the frame not being a '36 you act like I am trashing the bike. Which I was not. You should practice what you preach.
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                      X