No announcement yet.

which pedal is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was being serious Eric. No sarcasm was implied. A four piece pedal has no use, unless for an omni flexible bare foot, or choice of personalization. Here is some sarcasm........it is time to re sole the boot when it will flex to make use of a four piece pedal. Paps

Comment

pedal

Paps, I think he meant me. If so we need a sense of humor my friend. Their really only a mode of transportation. Sometimes we tend to forget that small fact. See you you in the wind.
      DrSprocket

Comment

My apollogies to the two of you. I got a bit bent thinking I was the sarcastic one. I never try to be that way. I do use humor. Humor takes the crap out of todays turbulence. If that pedal is oem, I can't see a logical purpose for it.

Comment

Looks like an H-D pedal with pieces missing and aftermarket rubbers.
          Welocme to the boards Rooster. Isn't that name a little "Cocky".
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

i guess that about wraps it up...

thanks for your input and constructive comments. i think we're starting to beat a dead indian, i mean horse.

like Eric said, i'll get a funky old end cover (if i can get the end nut off) and run it unrestored, but i'm keeping the wooden blocks on it. when you see it again, it'll be on my '37 EL. just look for the cross hatched old as snot 4 piece pedal. (];-)>

nuff said.

Comment

My apologies to anyone I P.O'd. Especially you Paps. I enjoy all of your posts and like your sense of humor.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                Welocme to the boards Rooster. Isn't that name a little "Cocky".
                Why thank you, Mr. Haynes. Nice to be so well-received...! As for the name.... well, I didn't name myself, it was given to me many years ago!

Comment

Thanks Eric. I think it is my time of the month. I also enjoy your posts and attitude.

Are you Hen pecked as well Rooster ? LOL Sorry for not welcoming you. I miss a lot of the new members posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
                    Thanks Eric. I think it is my time of the month. I also enjoy your posts and attitude.

Are you Hen pecked as well Rooster ? LOL Sorry for not welcoming you. I miss a lot of the new members posts.
                    Hehehehe.... that's good, Paps. Let's see...... two hearty Welcomes; one calls me 'cocky', the other 'hen-pecked'. Hehehehehe....! I think I'll like it here just fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster View Post
                      Why thank you, Mr. Haynes. Nice to be so well-received...! As for the name.... well, I didn't name myself, it was given to me many years ago!
                      As I said,,,,,
                      Be sure to visit;
                      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

i havn't had a chance to introduce myself yet but let me say welcome also.... rooster is it. hahaha

Comment

Some thing similar?

Pete Reeves 860
                          Attached Files

Comment

From the chapter on Neccessity being the Mother of Invention.

When the original rubber bits deteriorated, { and that never happens } it seems like a natural evolution to replace the rubber with a bit of wood. Take a square stock bit of wood, drill a hole, use a pocket knife to put the grooves in the surface., round the corners or just let them naturaly " round " with use.

We know that Rubber has been scarce at times during the Motoring Age. Wood and elbow grease were readily available. The use of the dicing, like found on the grip of a pistol, will improve traction when a boot is applied to the kick start and would be a small leap in design over square stock.

As to the length of the pieces. .. . how long is your drill bit ?

Period Modified, I'd say.
                            William McClean
                            AMCA # 60

Comment

Working...
                            X