No announcement yet.

Oscar Hedstrom Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not a repop with all that chrome on it. It is a fantasy.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

you know, i've heard alot about a boardtrack movie.never going to happen.we can supply the bikes ,the riders, the history,the absolute exhileration that made this the greatest sport in the country.but we will never be able to recreate one of the most awesome
      spectacles in the industrial revolution without top notch direction.namely a full blown boardtrack.build it and they will come.
      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
        Its not a repop with all that chrome on it. It is a fantasy.
        chris ,i would imagine you dont deal with nickel much,or early hedstrom stuff.us pre 36 guys dont mess with that late model chrome stuff much.
        Last edited by jurassic; 02-22-2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

It's a poor substitute for the real thing but I think with computer animation getting better and less expensive, you will see someone recreate the boardtracks digitally. That Toyota truck commercial with the truck hitting the brakes before it goes off a cliff is a good example of the degree of realism that can be achieved. Whenever I look at Stephen Wright's book on early racing I think about how perfectly that would lend itself to a movie. Unfortunately, if Hollywood does it, it will be absolute garbage, and you can take that to the bank. It would have to be done by an independent film maker with a passion for the subject matter and a focus on the man and machine and not romantic sub-plots or sidetrips to how sexist, racist, or militant people were in those days. Hollywood is a diseased culture and not worthy of making a film about something like this.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

well eric,once again you have successfully gotten the point across.quiet eloquently too. i agree with your opinions. if the movie were not done right,it should not be done.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'll jump on the bandwagon here too. You fellas are on with having the movie done right. I can picture it all in my head, but hey, I'm not a film maker! I know everyone here has probably seen the Splinter Road clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdaKbHvZPTU take the time to read the comments below. There used to be a web-site with info on this potential film, but it has disappeared. I know that Hollywood is a mess, but The World's Fastest Indian turned out pretty good I thought. Ya never know. A boardtrack racing movie flop would not be in the best interest of this historic sport!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Eddie Hasha at the Newark track...

Building the track at Springfield........

Building the Uniontown PA track..... what a pile of work!!!

The man himself, Don Johns in Playa Del Ray in 1911.........

Proof these guys were marketable stars!!

Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Cory, "The World's Fastest Indian" was made by a New Zealander who was passionate about his subject and treated the film as a labor of love. I think his efforts and passion showed in that movie as it was probably the best motorcycle movie made to date. Look at what Hollywood did to the outlaw biker culture and what a sterotype they turned that into. Here is what I predict Hollywood writers and producers would do to a movie about boardtrack racing. The star would be a washed up alcholic played by either Mickey Rourke or Robert Downey Jr or some other mumbly anti-hero. His girlfriend would be a nagging non-supportive critic of motorcycle racing because it's a death sport. His protege' and arch rival would be played by a black (rapper turned actor) genius who is, of coarse a better motorcycle racer than any of the racist white riders. Together they would show all of the hick-a-billy yokels what real riding is all about. Tell me that isn't what Hollywood does to good stories. They would completly ignore the pure joy and obsession racers have had since the first cavemen had a foot race. They would miss the humor and the incredible characters that haunt all race tracks. And, they would miss the passion that fans of racing have for their sport. Sorry to go on about this. I love movies as well but these days it's a miracle when they make a good movie. All of this on the day of the most insipid award show of them all, the academy awards.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                        chris ,i would imagine you dont deal with nickel much,or early hedstrom stuff.us pre 36 guys dont mess with that late model chrome stuff much.
                        Look at the photo of the real one and only engine. Everything isn't bright polish and plated as it is on the fantasy engine.
                        Be sure to visit;

Comment

I have read somewhere that Sucker Punch Sally (aftermarket bike manufacturer) is going to build a board track in Sturgis. Anybody else know about this, Woody

Comment

looks like nickel plate to me

Comment

looks like nickel plate to me
                              Yes, but nickel flash. Not all brightly polished plating.
                              Be sure to visit;

Comment

also flash nickel on this one ,only polished the same parts that they polished on the original

Comment

Working...
                                X