• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eddie

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

eddie's bike reincarnated ,prior to the accident

Last edited by jurassic; 02-20-2009, 12:15 AM.

Comment

the end

Comment

all this info is thanks to stephen wright ,who has devoted his life to informimg us all about this almost unknown major sport in the history of our country.a sport that at one time was the largest sport in the land .i for one would like to thank steve for his unwavering dedication
          Last edited by jurassic; 02-20-2009, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I'll second that. Stephen Wright's books are true gems. When you open one of his books you better have a few hours set aside. The quality of the printing is also very much appreciated and not something you see very often in motorcycle publications. The whole presentation is high class.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Comment

this is an interesting bike .notice the location of the oil pump.also i was hoping someone might have some pics of the one-off 6 valve factory race engine.i have seen it ,it now resides in anamosa.but i have also seen the O.H.C. indian prototype twin engine{thats right O.H.C.,just like the cyclone} many many years ago as a kid i saw it .i know it exists ,but have no photos of it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

eddie

this is one of my favorite pictures of eddie.the bike is completly different than the one he died on.it has cylinder studs thru the cylinder like a regular indian.

Comment

and this is definatly the holy grail.the only big base engine known to exist. its got studs going thru the cylinders,all the lettering has been ground off too.in 1911 harley could'nt even get a twin to run.
                        Last edited by jurassic; 02-21-2009, 08:53 PM.

Comment

What a time trip! Thanks jurassic! I was wondering, have you ever had your Eddie reincarnation on the track to see what it'll do? Very cool bike as always!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

cory, we had it running,let me tell you ,you have to nearly disassemble the motor to reset the timing.which we did.it sounds very raw.if only i had access to a suitable boardtrack {hint,hint,dale} then damned if i'd try my best to get it sideways.it would be something to ride a big base for the first time in a century

Comment

Now that is what I like to hear! Nothing like a board/dirt tracker screaming into the turns. You'd take 'er on the boards eh? Now that my friend is an awesome idea!! If you ever do it please film it, we don't have much in the way of good footage you know! An historic moment for sure!! I am pumped just thinkin`about it!
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

repop big base

Comment

Working...
                                X