No announcement yet.

Where do you find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Hrdly, I got the tire off last night and it appears that a common 7/8 roofing nail is what caused my problem. How that little nail made this tire go down so quickly is a mystery to me. I honestly thought I had a blow out as quickly as it when down. Maybe I’ll know more after breaking the tire down later today.

The tire is a “Coker Classic” 5.00x16S. If I understand manufacture date correctly, the tire was produced the 15th week of 2004. [A2BT1504] I purchased the tire in 2006.

The owner told me he wasn’t much of an Indian lover when he took ownership of the bike in the late 70’s, but the price was right. He said the engine smoked when he bought it and gradually began smoking worse and worse, and that getting it started turned into such a chore that he just put it aside. His only income is his farm and there was always more important equipment that needed repaired so the Chief just sat till he lost interest.

The more he and I talked I got the impression that any bike that didn’t say Triumph on the side wasn’t anything he could get excited about.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
    X