Ride to Work Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride to Work Day

I agree.....Any forum leters that deal with the "true reason" we are all involved in this sport are always interesting to me. I rode my 12 Harley belt bike as my work is only 5 miles away.
    Not good enough on computers to know how to show the picture here, but I did mail it to our magazine. My normal rider is my original paint 59 Pan.

Share the Enthusiasm

Steve Klein
    Texas
    Steve Klein
    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
    American Pre-teens - 1965
    AMCA Member 12176
    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
    Steve@SteveKlein.com
    Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments on my bike! I am very fortunate to have found it because not only is it very correct (97.75 points at Oley this year) but it is a great rider too. I ride it to the Oley and Jefferson AMCA meets every year as well as a lot of Sunday morning rides with my Dad. And I agree with the person who said it should be in the calender.....let's make it happen! haha!!!
      Thanks again guys,
      Jerry

Comment

What did they find not correct besides the screws in the back rim?
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

It has the screws in the back rim which ARE correct for a 1969 sportster with alloy rims, so there was no point loss for that. They came that way from the factory. Deductions were made for the following:

-1 point deduction for holes drilled in the rear fender where the previous owner had a pillion pad mounted. Since it is an original paint bike there is really no way for me to correct that unless I find another original paint jet-fire orange rear fender and i have never seen one of those for sale.
          -1 point deduction for incorrect routing of the throttle cable.
          -1/4 point deduction for an extra washer on the bolt that holds the kickstart arm on. I had a washer on each side of the arm, but according to the judges there should only be a lockwasher on the side that has the nut on it.

Comment

Working...
          X