1–4 PM
    Please RSVP to
    Trudi Johnson-Richards, National Secretary
    trudijr@visi.com

for more information and directions to the
    AACA Museum at Hershey
    www.aacamuseum.org

Pete,
    Thanks for posting the info on the forum. I'm sure their are several of us who will not be able to attend. Is there any way to have someone take some photo's and post them here on the forum. Bet it will be a Grand Event!
    johnny
    Johnny Whitsett
    AMCA # 8626

Comment

We'll have photographers there. I'll get some pictures up.
      Pete

Comment

just curious here. if you are a card carrying member do you get in for free ,or do we still have to fatten the coffers ?
        1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Comment

AMCA Museum Grand Opening

Chiefrider
          Saturday June 7th 1:00PM to 4:00PM is the reception for AMCA members there is no fee and the food is free,show your card and enjoy the day
          RSVP to Trudi
          Kevin
          Kevin Valentine 13
          EX-Chief Judge

Comment

It's hard to believe that 15 days notice is all that, as far as I'm aware, the general membership get of the opening of a facility that they contributed significant funds to.
            Some of the Kiwi AMCA members are touring the U.S.A. right now and may have attended if they had known.
            How many people knew of this date prior to this announcement? Don't tell me it was in the spring 2008 issue of the magazine as I'm still waiting for mine and surely this date wasn't just decided on in the last few days.

I await a response,

Peter Thomson
            Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
            A.M.C.A. # 2777
            Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

AMCA Museum Grand Opening

Tommo
              it might be hard to beleive, but this whole thing was finialized with just 4 weeks to get organized and running. the bikes are being delivered to the museum by the owners now and the display will be setup just days before the opening. everybody has been going full blast to put this together on short notice. any member that can make it on Saturday will be welcome and they will be glad they came.
              Kevin
              Kevin Valentine 13
              EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Another announcement is that anyone with an AMCA membership card will get free entry to the museum at any time, something I just learned today, so if the KIWIs don't make the official opening, they're welcome when they get there.
                Pete

Comment

I am glad to hear that we get something for "free" since each and every of our 11,000 members contributed $41 each towards this museum if the $450,000 was "our" money to begin with! Too bad it is 2,700 miles away... I guess that is closer than the Kiwi's... I do hope to see it someday, though. Hopefully there will be a website showing the bikes.

Comment

museum

So, is anyone going to the grand opening?

Comment

Not I 17 hour drive one way
                      Jeff Bowles
                      Arkansas
                      Membership # 14023
                      1957 Sportster

Comment

I will be there.Only a 1,400 mile drive from Texas.I am going to the Hudson valley road run and then to Rhinebeck.That is if my car and trailer make it.Hope to sell my 1942 WL at Rhinebeck,so I can afford to drive back to Texas.

Comment

date?

The announced date here is June 7. The AACA museum's website lists June 8 as opening day for the motorcycle exhibit?? Also the bus museum in the same building is having their open house June 7. Are they actually haveing two events the same day at the same time?

Comment

Yikes..... a Bus Museum-?-?-? Now I've heard it all. And folks laugh at me for my intrest in antique tractors. -Steve
                            ------------
                            Steve
                            AMCA #7300

Comment

Hey, don't laugh, there is a motorcycle connection, the FLXI sidecar company made buses in their later days!

Comment

Working...
                              X