No announcement yet.

Didn't Make it Out of Parking Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Herb. It is our choice. It seems after talking to riders who have been riding for quite
    a while that everybody has a crash story where there was a pretty good crash and the helmetless rider walked away unscathed. I was working late one night and we had a police scanner going to pass the time. A call came in where a State Trooper was chasing a bike and they were heading right for us. We quickly ran outside just in time to hear a big v-twin
    going through the gears and the the sirens coming behind him. There was a curve right in front of our store amd there was a car going in the other direction. Long story short the bike hit the car at speed. It was an explosion of parts and glass. I never saw the rider fly but I found him some 100 ft down the road. The car he hit was towed away, the bike was totaled, the driver of the car was taken to the hospital and the rider of the bike bought me a beer less that a week later in a local watering hole. He didn't even have any serious road
    rash. Absolutely astounding.

However, after 15 years as an EMT there is no doubt in my mind that helmets works. And I have crashed more than once and have always had a helmet on. Broken leg, broken collarbone, road rash and the like but not a scratch to my noggin. There are some who might argue I received a brain injury but they said that before the crashes.

Took out my enduro bike today for the first time this season and plan on doing some serious riding in the next 2 days. They say it is almost gonna be 70*. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

pem,

That's a true freak when the bike rider basically walks away and the car driver goes to the hospital. One in a million but will convince some people just like the smoker who lives to be 101 years old.

I should also get my dirt bike out ('79 XT500) and ride it in the snow before it melts cuz it's going fast now!
      Herbert Wagner
      AMCA 4634
      =======
      The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Working...
      X