No announcement yet.

AMCA at the AACA museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the magazine takes so long to be distributed to all the membership would it be possible for somebody to post a copy of the article/news letter that is being discussed on this forum.
    Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by pete reeves View Post
      As the magazine takes so long to be distributed to all the membership would it be possible for somebody to post a copy of the article/news letter that is being discussed on this forum.
      Pete.
      I believe the article referred to in earlier posts in this thread is on page 4 of the Spring/08 issue of "The Antique Motorcycle". The Summer/08 issue, which I got in the mail to-day, has more details on page 4, (Past-President Pete Gagan's column) and in the AMCA Board minutes beginning on page 70.

AFJ

Comment

Originally posted by petri View Post
        I'm not surprised. Dale has a never gotten any cooperation from the local or state authorities. There are problems with taxes and he can't even get the highway authorities to advertise his facility on those brown information signs. Thus, many lost potential customers. It's a wonderful museum, my favorite and a great loss to that area I would venture to guess.

It's really a unique facility; it is "a museum that runs" unlike most others. It's can't be easy running and paying for a facility like that. Rumors on Buzz Kanter's web site claim it may be coming back to the midwest. I only hope he does open it elsewhere.

Howard
        Actually, we posted on our web site/bulletin board (www.caimag.com) that Dale was planning on selling off some of his extensive collection of motorcycles and other cycle material and moving the rest of it to a new location probably in Arizona.

Since then Dale has told me the auction has been cancelled, but he is still planning on moving out of Maggie Valley - still probably to Arizona. More as it unfolds.

Either way Dale has done an amazing job promoting classic motorcycles for decades and doesn't seem to get much recognition for all his hard work and financial committment, even though I doubt Dale is doing it for the recognition.
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Working...
        X