Evel Knievel Dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evel Knievel Dies

Sad to hear Evel Knievel has passed away.

I liked him...the guy had balls to jump over stuff with a Sportster....a damned heavy bike. Hrdly

A sad day for sure.
    How could anyone not respect the man, and his passion?
    That man could do some wild things with a motorcycle. And he did it for an entire life time. -Steve

Comment

rip

Comment

try it again

Comment

Well,he certainly called attention to motorcycling ! I remember him saying how he hated motorcycle gangs,said it gave the whole sport a bad image ! VIVA KNIEVEL !

Comment

He stunded the hell out of me. RIP Paps

Comment

may he rest in eternal peace !

Comment

Definition:

Evel Knievel: A real classic! Did it his way! For real.......... There will be no repops of him.
                Mike

Comment

Wrong Mike. His son Robby is truly caring on everything the old man tought him. Bob

Comment

Re: Definition:

Originally posted by portagepan
                    Evel Knievel: A real classic! Did it his way! For real.......... There will be no repops of him.
                    Mike
                    One article says:

Many of his records have been broken by daredevil motorcyclist Bubba Blackwell.
                    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Knievel was something of a freak if you ask me. Mostly what he did was reinforce the public opinion that motorcycle riders are insane. Not to say he wasn't brave (or whatever) to do those outlandish stunts. The movie "Ghost Rider" (another thread) was in part a tribute to him as the lead character was a stunt rider dressed up like Knievel.

The closest I got to Knievel was around 1989 when I met John Nowak (of H-D). We were sitting in his den and he was telling me a ton of stories about his career and then abruply he reached behind his couch, pulled out a weird looking gadget, and asked:

"Know what this is?"

I said that I didn't know and then he told me that it was part of a rocket engine built by AMF that either Knievel used (or simillar to one he used) in his Snake River Canyon jump on the rocket-bike.

Comment

Re: Evel Knievel Dies

Originally posted by Hrdly-Dangrs
                      ...the guy had balls to jump over stuff with a Sportster....a damned heavy bike. Hrdly
                      That's a fact!

Comment

Did Knievel actually ever jump an XL(CH) Sportster?

Or only a XR750?

I've got the Hamilton as star flick about Knievel.

Someday I'll have to watch it....

Comment

Here's a short film that's on youtube. Not great quality but still worth watching. E.J. Potter is on it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8a7MHEqUo

Comment

Knievel's funeral made the news this morning and there were many great motorcycle related eulogies.

Good stuff like: "He made his final jump, but this time doesn't have to come back down."

Comment

I missed that...any links for that. Hrdly

Comment

Working...
                              X