Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elt
    BEK
    Thanks for the come back.I found the whole 26 Then Came Bronsen series on DVD on the net and ordered them.I think you are right if not it will still be fun .Will let you Know.
    elt
    Did the DVD set include the pilot movie?

Comment

I'd be dead in three days. Too much education and no people skills. ...bill

Comment

Living off a motorcycle requires skill, practice, and the right equipment. I've done it for days and up to nearly a month and it does help to be young. It gets easier after the first few days, but it gets old quick too.

Your bike has to be reliable. You have to know how to work on it and how to fix a flat tire on the roadside. That means tools and a few spare parts. A good tent with a rainfly that blends into the landscape is essential. Air mattress. A good sleeping bag. Warm clothing and long underwear. Good gauntlet gloves. Lots of places on your motorcycle to stash stuff. A camo slip-over cover for your bike for hiding purposes. Rainsuit. An eye for stealth campsites and not mind eating out of grocery stores on the cheap. An LED flashlight (headlight) is a godsend.

Bathing in gas station restrooms or a creek.

Damn the rain and cold!

Comment

Hey Carl, what kind of bike has Panhead Billy been living on for the last 20 years? I'd like to hear some details, sounds like quite a guy, thanks.

Comment

Hi Herb
            Finaly got the DVD's on the Bronson series.Yes the pilot was included.Havnt got through the second disk yet and there 7.So far in about 6episodes the sportster has been down about 12 times.Its been sunk in the water run into a dirt bank and bent the forks fliped over backwards in a hill climb and just plain laid down about a dozed times.Not to mention just jumping off and leting it drop so he could run and help someone.
            elt

Comment

Bronson

All this talk about Bronson sent me to my motorcycle LP collection.
              LP thats Long Play Vinyl 33 RPM records to you youngsters
              Covers have good pictures of the Sportster, music is fair. I'm a old Sportster rider having bought a XLCH new in 1966 and a XLCR in 1978

Comment

Originally posted by elt
                Hi Herb
                Finaly got the DVD's on the Bronson series.Yes the pilot was included.Havnt got through the second disk yet and there 7.So far in about 6episodes the sportster has been down about 12 times.Its been sunk in the water run into a dirt bank and bent the forks fliped over backwards in a hill climb and just plain laid down about a dozed times.Not to mention just jumping off and leting it drop so he could run and help someone.
                elt
                My, that Sportster had a hard life!

Fast forward to 2008: New version of "Then Came Bronson" has hero trailering his new and highly customized bike around the countryside behind a huge diesel pickup truck. Drama increases when bike gets rained on or when Bronson finds bird droppings on the chrome....

I haven't watched any of the Bronson series yet; waiting for the first big snowstorm. What is your opinion of the series overall and of the role the bike plays?

Comment

Harley Creation
                  The thing that I notice the most is how things have changed since 1970.Practily no special effects all stunt rideing looked real.The guys with the white hats always win kind of storys.I never did have much to do with a sportster but can see it to be one of our first attempts of a dual purpose bike.It fits the roll in the series very well.The fact that sportster has turned 50 says a lot in its self about the bike.Unfortianly the quality of my CD's is not good but the story content is to me.Which probly dates me more then the show.Hey if its snowing out it beats the heck out of all the comercials on tv and it does have a motorcycle content.
                  Enjoy the past
                  elt

Comment

Originally posted by elt
                    Harley Creation
                    The thing that I notice the most is how things have changed since 1970.Practily no special effects all stunt rideing looked real.The guys with the white hats always win kind of storys.I never did have much to do with a sportster but can see it to be one of our first attempts of a dual purpose bike.It fits the roll in the series very well.The fact that sportster has turned 50 says a lot in its self about the bike.Unfortianly the quality of my CD's is not good but the story content is to me.Which probly dates me more then the show.Hey if its snowing out it beats the heck out of all the comercials on tv and it does have a motorcycle content.
                    Enjoy the past
                    elt
                    You have me interested in watching them now. Snow is predicted in the next couple of days. For the price I paid I'll bet mine are low quality copies too.

Like you I was never much interested in Sportsters (or K models) either. But now, looking at the post-war events I see what a remarkable (if unintended) bike the XL really is. The Model K is simply out of this world and should never have existed at all!

The dual-purpose role was big-time back then. Boomhower talks about it on p.52 of the new issue. That "Grasshopper" tire was the way to go!

Comment

Working...
                    X