No announcement yet.

Movie: "Ghost Rider"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make that "Fast Charlie the Moonbeam Rider" info below....

Review Summary
    In this exciting road comedy, a WW I veteran attempts to fulfill his dream of being the first to win a transnational motorcycle rally. To assist him, he hires former war buddies. These fellows have a quiet grudge against him because they believe he deserted them during a crucial battle. Still the race begins and en-route, the kindly (and not as cowardly as he seems) racer picks up a beautiful young woman and her son. Romance and adventure ensues as the finish line draws near. The film is also titled Fast Charlie and the Moonbeam. ~ Sandra Brennan, All Movie Guide

Comment

Wasn't it "Along Came Bronson"?
      I remember seeing it a couple times and thinking it was the usual Hollywood crap. I remember something about him running off the road out in the boonies and bending his forks, and he used a rock to straiten them. For a long time after that when ever me or one of my buddies had a bike problem on the road, we would always say "Hey man, I think I need a Bronson rock". He always wore a watch-cap in the show, I think I threw mine away about then.
      Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Mac
        Wasn't it "Along Came Bronson"?
        I remember seeing it a couple times and thinking it was the usual Hollywood crap. I remember something about him running off the road out in the boonies and bending his forks, and he used a rock to straiten them. For a long time after that when ever me or one of my buddies had a bike problem on the road, we would always say "Hey man, I think I need a Bronson rock". He always wore a watch-cap in the show, I think I threw mine away about then.
        Doug.
        No, it was THEN Came Bronson and he rode a Sportster.

Funny, that rock-as-tool episode is the only one that I can remember too!

I remember coming home and my dad and brother were watching it. When the bike went over the cliff and he fixed it with a rock my dad said: "That's too fantastic/impossible." But I felt kind of proud that a motorcycle (so to speak) had a TV show of its own.

Comment

I have top disagree...as Bronson was one of my fathers favorites, Bronson only rode a Sportster(which was his friend's that killed himself that he inherited) in the pilot....in the series he rode a BMW I am quite sure...someone here said the just bought it on tape....watch it and let us know.....Skip

another short lived show stared Robert Urich....he and his son rode Harleys across the country working odd jobs, etc. after the mother/wife dies.....forget the name....?

Comment

If I would have been reading the previous posts more carefully I would have seen that it was "THEN Came Bronson". Glad to see I'm not the only one that remembers that rock! "Bronson rock" still pops out of my mouth now and then, but it's been 35 years since anyone appeared to know what I was talking about-(whats that ol' geezer mumblin' about now?)
            Doug.

Comment

Does anyone out there rember a movie that Keenin Winn played in.He was a old man who tried to get back on a motorcycle that he rode in younger years.He then proceded to let it take him for a ride through back yards flower beds tareing down fences and clothes lines.Dont know the name of the movie but would love to see it agin.He did a great job and think did his own rideing

Comment

Originally posted by elt
                Does anyone out there rember a movie that Keenin Winn played in. He was a old man who tried to get back on a motorcycle that he rode in younger years.He then proceded to let it take him for a ride through back yards flower beds tareing down fences and clothes lines.Dont know the name of the movie but would love to see it agin.He did a great job and think did his own rideing
                27 July 1916-14 October 1986. I found some hint on the internet that Keenan Wynn was a motorcycle fan. He did his own stunts in the early years of the film industry. ...bill

Comment

In the book "Triumph in America", there is mention of Keenan Wynn as a rider, and I think there was a picture of him with Lee Marvin and maybe others with a bike belonging to Lee Marvin. Been a while since I've looked at the book.
                  Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip
                    I have top disagree...as Bronson was one of my fathers favorites, Bronson only rode a Sportster(which was his friend's that killed himself that he inherited) in the pilot....in the series he rode a BMW I am quite sure...someone here said the just bought it on tape....watch it and let us know.....Skip

another short lived show stared Robert Urich....he and his son rode Harleys across the country working odd jobs, etc. after the mother/wife dies.....forget the name....?
                    Bronson rode a BMW in the series? He would have been smart to do that, but I don't think that's correct. His bike was a mildly customized Sportster (I think an electric start XLH meant to look more like a kick-start XLCH) with an eye-in-the-pyramid decal on the tank.

Unless somewhere in the series Bronson gets sick of his Sportster and greasy chains and pulls up to a BMW dealer and trades in for a nice new /5 beemer.

That would be cool....

It was me that bought the TCB series and pilot movie due to my recent interest in Model K, KL, and early Sportsters, but I'm saving up for winter to watch them. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed.

I don't remember that Robt. Urich bike show, but then I stopped watching TV around 1971 (when I got my first "hawg") and only resumed watching TV a couple years ago so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Mac
                      In the book "Triumph in America", there is mention of Keenan Wynn as a rider, and I think there was a picture of him with Lee Marvin and maybe others with a bike belonging to Lee Marvin. Been a while since I've looked at the book.
                      Doug.
                      I believe that Keenan Wynn also shows up in Harley's "Enthusiast" magazine in the 1940s with some other Hollywood rider types.

Comment

If you can get your hands on the library of skitts by the early "The Three Stooges", you will see many motion picture views of early iron in action, usually police bikes. Cool viewing to say the least but surfing through them to locate them is tidious. Heck... you will laugh your way there looking. Paps

Comment

Bronson-Keenan Wynn

elt.....

The "movie" that you're thinking about is actually episode 2 of Then Came Bronson. Hopefully this link will tell you all about it.

http://www.thencamebronson.com/descrip2.htm#episode_2

Bruce

Comment

BEK
                            Thanks for the come back.I found the whole 26 Then Came Bronsen series on DVD on the net and ordered them.I think you are right if not it will still be fun .Will let you Know.
                            elt

Comment

The one scene I remember from the "Then Came Bronson" series was when he was beginning his journey and a commuter in a car was asking him where he was going. Bronson said something to the effect of "where ever the road takes me". The guy in the car wished him luck and expressed his envy of the free spirit life Bronson was going to have. I thought that was pretty cool also and tried to emulate that to a much lesser degree. Of coarse real life is nothing like TV and living off a motorcycle is mostly fantasy because the reality can be darned uncomfortable. However, when you're young, the concept of comfort is considerably different than it is for a guy that's now my age.

Comment

On my cross country trip this year I met a gentleman that goes by the name of Panhead Billy. What aq character he was, he has been living off of his motorcycle for the last 20+ years. He is originally from the east coast, but I met him at the Yosemite Road Run and again at the Death Valley Road Run. He told me that when he got out of the Marines he made up his mind to never stand in line again or take orders from anyone. After traveling for years he knows a lot of people from all over and when he needs some money he does odd jobs to make some scratch for the next adventure. He lives a simple life, but is a real person who would do anything to help out another road warrior. Hats off to you Billy,
                                Carl

Comment

Working...
                                X