No announcement yet.

Possible New Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a response - or should I say what responses.

We are still trying to figure this all out. And we do appreciate everyone's input and thoughts.

We are leaning toward a very high end magazine aimed specifically to the classic American bikes. We have not decide on a cut off date or if there will be one, but would like to cover all aspects of American motorcycles from the 1900s on up.

Yes, launching a new magazine is a daunting challange. And even after lanuching quite a few I am still game to try it again if it covers a subject I have passion for. As the owner and rider of a small but growing collection of original, restored and modified bikes I suspect the magazine will reflect my passions, which are similar to several o the AMCA member's too.

Hang in there and let's see what we come up with.

In the meantime, check our our American Iron Magazine, which features a few classic American bikes eavh and every issue.

Thanks.

Buzz Kanter

Comment

Back to the original question, which was about suggestions:

1> Restored and original American antiques - ending with the beloved Shovelheads
      2> Events, including AMCA meets, Barber's meet, and even local chapter events of magnitude with photos and commentary.
      3> Historical content, including racing and early drag racing (I have immensely enjoyed the series in the club mag).
      4> Technical articles such as Donny Peterson's in AI, though the detail sometimes causes the eyes to glaze over. More photos, though, than in AI.
      5> And, don't forget the bobbers and early choppers (but please no garish new pseudo-choppers as now seems to be the fad).
      6> Perhaps articles on the early European and Japanese invaders (as in "know your enemy").

I agree that showing nothing but the trailer queen style bikes tends to get old, so don't hesitate to include some of the "mixed-up" bikes.

Thank you for your time.

Lonnie

P.S. - speaking of nit-picking, a few of the AI articles of recent publication needed a bit research on the correctness of the points in the articles - I'm availabe as a proof-reader. (A legend in my own mind).

L.

Comment

Well said....and might I add,,,,,,,,,Availability of replacement parts, maybe vendors who supply quality parts ? Repair services etc... Recommended books ? Put it all in it !! Paps

Comment

Hi
          This is a question for Buzz, the Indian Motorcycle Illustrated magazine, how many where there?
          I've identified 14 different editions so far (spring '93 to winter'97) are there any more?
          I'm trying to collect all of them, mostly off Ebay as they come up. can I pm you with the ones I'm missing?

Thanks Barry

Comment

include antique bicycles section?

Comment

Indian Illustrated

Buzz, can you email me which issues you have and how much to purchase them. Also shipping cost to England, I never got the chance to read these and would love to get hold of all the editions.

Comment

Re: Indian Illustrated

Originally posted by robrat
                Buzz, can you email me which issues you have and how much to purchase them. Also shipping cost to England, I never got the chance to read these and would love to get hold of all the editions.
                Check out www.Greaserag.com for back issues. Where in Sussex? I lived outside Hastings in the 1960s.

Comment

We are moving along (slowly) with developing the new print magazine, which is still a ways away.

The name will be Classic American Iron.

In the meantime, we have just put up the very early and unfinished bulletin board for people to exchange ideas and information related to classic Americn bikes.

The address is www.CaiMag.com and everyone is welcome to register (it's free and fun) and post there.

PLEASE NOTE: This is brand new and still needs to be improved, so all suggestions and ideas are encouraged.

Thanks for the support and let's have some fun.

Comment

Working...
                  X