No announcement yet.

Spring Issue ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone can relate to you on this matter bobdo. I mean afterall, I'm still paging through back issues that are 10-15 yeas old as referance guides. The information is priceless and I would like to keep them in good condition, but that is difficult to do when they're not in the best to begin with. What would it cost to buy the information (outside of the club) that each magazine contains? Now multiply that times four per year, that to me is worth my membership fees alone! A little extra in postage is cheap for the returns. I guess we all know what my vote is.
    TR

Comment

I do some bulk mailing thru the post office. You present bags of mail, with a form that details how many first class, second class and media mail (usual for publications.) These trays are processed in time by class. Media mail can sit at certain points in the post office's processing chain (central office, regional office, loading docks and local post office) at their descretion. They are all handled the same (sometimes roughly.)
      The publication I work for has them mailed from where they are published (upper mid-West.) They actually have a postal employee there which the publisher pays for.
      We send out about 25,000 issues every two months and may have 25 customers that don't get theirs. I sense most are chewed up the the grears/belts of the processing machinery.

Comment

Have you thought of another means of delivery...you know what they say about the Postal Service...90% of the employees are on drugs...but speed sure the hell ain't one of them...Skip

actually if they are not sent 1st class the postal service can deliver them at any time during that month..if 1st class they have to be delivered as soon as they arrive...wife's a carrier...so going by whta she tells me...Skip

Comment

Description of First Class and Bulk Mail

"Bobdo" here is a description of First Class and Bulk mailing from the USPS website.

(U.S. Postal Service) - FIRST CLASS mail consisting of letters, postal cards, or the like, together with all mailable matter sealed against inspection. They are handled first other than Overnight parcels, that go out separately. Typical delivery is 1 - 3 days and if the parcel cannot be delivered, it is returned to sender.

FIRST CLASS Mail is used for sending letters, postcards, greeting cards, checks, magazines and money orders. Additional services such as certificates of mailing, certified, registered and c.o.d. can also be purchased for First-Class Mail. All First-Class Mail receives prompt handling and transportation.

(U.S. Postal Service) - BULK Mail is typically local store sale fliers, catalogs, magazines and non-returnable mailings. They are handled last at each postal stop and are delivered when there is room in the carriers bag of vehicle. Delivery is attempted within 5 - 21 days and pieces not returned to sender, if it is not delivered or is destroyed.

Comment

Postal question

Thanks RSmith,
            I guess I could've looked that up myself.
            I get the impression its just a matter of First Class getting the jump on standard mail, & all mail goes through the same gauntlet. Not long now before its riding season in NE Ohio.
            Bob #3756

Comment

Your Welcome

Your Welcome.

I think you are right. First Class Mail parcels are
              delivered in 1 - 3 instead of 21 days.

And if there is damage, or if it is NOT delivered,
              it is returned to sender with First Class, so the
              AMCA would know who did not get their magazine.

Our mailman told us today that discounted Bulk Mail
              is NOT returned to sender, if there is a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X