Spring Issue ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Issue ???

It seems every issue I see members complaining about not receiving the issue in a timely manner or not at all. And I must admit it has happened to me a few times. I have always sympathized with the other members and even have written personal emails to try and smooth them over. But it has happened to me again and every day I go to the mail box and find it empty the madder I get. Maybe it's time to at least spend some time and effort to study what the extra cost would be to mail first class. Do we have the best antique motorcycle club in the world? Do we have the best publication of all the antique motorcycle clubs? And if my memory serves me the club netted over $100,000. last year. Then why can't we mail the magazine first class? I'm not interested in replies about when you got your magazine, just replies about why we can't mail them first class or what it takes to get a motion in front of the national board.
    Any takers?

Add delivery comfirmation to each magazine. Pass the extra 50 cents on to us for it. Paps

Comment

The issue could be posted on the Internet; that might soften disappointment some.

Comment

Louie,

I consider myself lucky it has always made it to me.

A few people that I have spoke to in the past have said they don't renew due to the cost of the membership and not always receiving the magazine.

If the club can afford to buy a torque 4 motorcycle then they should be able to afford first class postage for the people that made the purchase of that motorcycle possiable.

Count me in!

Comment

im biting my tongue on this one .its like kicking a dead horse!

Comment

Louie,
            Great way to address what appears to be a wide spread common problem........no rant......no rave......just a very easy to answer question. What is the process to get this issue before the Board of Directors? Mr. Gagan are you with us? Johnny

Comment

how about rocky,hes a regular guy who seems to be able to listen to your concerns

Comment

First class doesn't mean it will get there either. There is a better chance of it though. Membership fees are fairly priced IMO. Where else can you get such information and so many quality pics of old iron? I agree though....something needs done about non and slow delivery of them. Paps

Comment

spring issue?

to JWW
                  I am on the board, and most times my wifes issue arrives 1 or 2 days before mine(same last name and address) and other members call about something they read, I inform them that as soon as I get my copy I will read it.
                  this is a post office problem, nothing to do with the way it is mailed
                  Kevin

Comment

Most printed publications today are done using a .pdf file. It costs nothing to post this on a web site, or posted (like on my site) and linked to the AMCA main site. ...bill

Comment

Kevin,
                      Thanks for the reply. For clarity and some sort of answer to this quarterly topic, do all issues leave the point of origin on the same day? I am no expert on bulk mailings, classifications of delivery etc...and do realize once it leaves the point of origin its out of the AMCA's control......nevertheless are there any "options" available?
                      The good thing is that the club magazine is worthy of our wanting it ASAP!!! This topic has been discussed, ranted and reranted. Hopefully we can keep this post as it was obviously intended by Louie, simply is there any way to make it better and if so can it be added to the long list of topics on the Boards agenda at some point in the future.
                      Hey Louie, want me to overnight you mine? Spilled a little single malt on it but its legible.
                      johnny

Comment

I don't think that posting the mag on line is the answer as many of our club members do not have a computor. Personaly, I like to take it along to read at my leasure and don't have a lap top to drag along. I'm sure there has got to be some type of compremise that would be acceptable for most club members. I'll admit that I seem to get mine earlier than most (hope I didn't jinx myself here) but a few days later than others. One way of looking at it is that if the magazine wasn't very good, no one would care if they got it or not.

TR

Comment

So ....

So .... thanks to Louie and dozens of previous posts, we know there is an interest in First Class Mailing of the groups Official magazine. Which is really the only benefit the vast majority of the members enjoy.

So. we know there is interest and there is certainly PLENTY of money in the bank to pay for it.

Now, HOW does the idea become a MOTION, or agenda item, for the next Board Meeting?

We agree with Louie .... the AMCA is certainly a first class organization. The paying members, many of which have supported the AMCA for decades with their hard earned monies, deserve First Class mailing.

Comment

Well.......

Well......The sidecar club that I belong to we have regional directors and state reps. the directors are board members they also conduct club business on line due to the distance that they live from each other.

If by having enough intrest in changing the mailing to first class members could bring this up at chapter meetings to be forwarded to board members.

Also having enough Signatures on petitions to be sent to board members to show that there is enough intrest in this to become a motion things such as this would then be published in the magazine for members that are not on the internet to be given a chance to contact their state rep or regional director to show their intrest in this also.

From there I would guess that the board would first look into the cost in upgrading to first class mailing and go from there but if there was $100,000. last year I don't forsee this as a problem as others have said the magazine IS the only benifit that most members get it most certainly is a first rate magazine.

Comment

Postal question

Anyone familiar with how the Postal Service operates?
                              Is it only a timing advantage with First Class postage or
                              is the handling also improved. My Spring issue arrived with a short tear along the edge of every page. Its just long enough to catch the next page. I'm kinda particular with my AMCA magazines, (not so much with the others.) Maybe it seems kinda petty, but every turn of a page I'm afraid I'll rip it in half. I'd gladly pay a little more in order to get the magazines in good condition.
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X