X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Weaver collection auction

https://jwoodandcompany.com/

Lots of very cool 2-stroke motocross bikes from the 60's and 70's
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Thanks Harry, some beauties in that collection.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

I'll be blunt; I didn't see anything I liked in that collection, with the exception of the Honda Super Hawk. I did (and do) not like dirt bikes from a hiker point of view because they made the wilderness accessible to loud, obnoxious machines and maniacs that killed flora, and fauna. I did like motocross and went to every big event in Orlando because I love competitive motorsports and think motorcross was a great way to show talent, competition, and miraculous engineering. In the hands of pre, and teenage jerks those bikes were air, and noise pollution. . . Sorry to rain on the parade.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

I like the auction offerings, but then I really like the Late '60s-early '70s Euro stuff. Working for an H-D dealer in the '70s we were also an Ossa dealer and we sponsored a flattrack bike as well. One of our salesman was a national number and used the Ossa based bike in 250 class. I loved spending time on the Pioneers, plonkers and ultimately the MAR. As a serious outdoor guy (hiking, backpacking, back country skiing, mountain biking, and hunting) I spent tons of time in the backcountry. Very rarely had any issues with dirtbikes, far more issues with street riders being jerks. And to me there has always been far more noise and pollution from street bikes than there has ever been from dirt bikes.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
        X