No announcement yet.

1956 bmw r50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While early American four cylinders are my favorite, those /2 bikes seem to make themselves part of the family. This rig is a lot of fun. I found the 1963 R69S rusting under a blue tarp years ago and later added the Steib LS200 from a pile of parts. IMG_0698.jpeg

Comment

...a fellow I ride with has a few airheads (I get confused over the /2,3,4 etc. designations...so I don't know what he was riding in this picture ). If we stop for gas we keep track of who is approached first at the pumps with a phrase like "I like your bike, what year is it?" . I think the BMW's are more popular in those situations, my theory being that more people are around that remember 60's vintage bikes than those that remember older bikes like my Chief!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

a fellow I ride with has a few airheads (I get confused over the /2,3,4 etc. designations...so I don't know what he was riding in this picture ). If we stop for gas we keep track of who is approached first at the pumps with a phrase like "I like your bike, what year is it?" . I think the BMW's are more popular in those situations, my theory being that more people are around that remember 60's vintage bikes than those that remember older bikes like my Chief!
        Sorry to hear that Harry.....you must be riding in upper class neighborhoods.
        PS glad I'm not the only one who gets confused on the numbering system.
        Jason Zerbini
        Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
        Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

All those BMWs with sidecars are just screaming out for a dog with goggles to go for a ride! LOL
          AMCA #41287
          1972 Sportster project
          1971 Sprint SS350 project
          1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
          1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
          1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
          96" Evo Softail self built chopper
          2012 103" Road King "per diem"
          plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post

Hi Jarek,
            Here is my 1980 R100RS on a trip across the USA, waiting for a ferry from Bar Harbor ME to Nova Scotia CN. We are standing behind my wife's Honda VFR 800.
            DCP_0189.JPG
            Hi Rubone,I'm glad we can share our experiences riding the BMW 100. Great picture , USA and CA are a large area - your wife bike looks much better than RS - joke.
            My trip on the photo was to the Alps with my daughter.Unfortunately, the weather spoiled the plans.After rainy days, we had one beautiful day, my daughter took most of the photos on that day.We had one day for Stelvio and Gavia Pass and a quick return home
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uetOQEBjGc

Comment

Originally posted by Jarek View Post

Hi Rubone,I'm glad we can share our experiences riding the BMW 100. Great picture , USA and CA are a large area - your wife bike looks much better than RS - joke.
              My trip on the photo was to the Alps with my daughter.Unfortunately, the weather spoiled the plans.After rainy days, we had one beautiful day, my daughter took most of the photos on that day.We had one day for Stelvio and Gavia Pass and a quick return home
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uetOQEBjGc
              Very nice video & music, Jarek, looks like a memorable trip despite the uncooperative weather!
              (My R80RT was the same color as yours!)
              Rich
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
              X