1956 bmw r50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 bmw r50

New topic just because it ain't all just Harleys & Indians, Beemers are rare on this Forum!
    NOT a restoration, but somewhere between a Rescue & a Rusteration. It runs great, fun to ride
    & has just a bit of PATINA!!! The replica Model A Ford tail light is incorrect along with the Type 53
    Bing carburetors. Anyone have a correct pair of 24mm carbs for sale?
    Rich
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by frichie68; 07-05-2024, 10:00 AM.
    Rich Inmate #7084

Nice beamer!!! I had a 1963, R27 that was my father's bike. It was fun to ride but you couldnt' spin the rear tire in a vat of butter, LOL. That bike though cost me more to keep running and on the road than both of my 1940's Harleys put together and as a result was left go.

Comment

This was my 1963 BMW R27. I didn't realize that I had the battery out of the bike in the picture of the left side of the bike but the bike was complete
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.
      Last edited by Austy; 07-05-2024, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Whoa-you had shiny paint! Beautiful!
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Nice R50, I've had several of them from the '60s. Here is my '55 R69, it is the 257th R69 ever built. The Enduro bags actually belong on my '65 R69S but I had borrowed them for an AMCA road run when these pics were taken.
          DCP_2727.JPG DCP_2726.JPG
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Very nice, classic!
            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Yes, it was nice but still had patina on certain parts of the bike that were untouched. The tanks had been repainted and hand pin striped after my father was run off the road in his last motorcycle accident in the 90's when he was in his late 60's. Beautiful R50

Comment

My R69 as found...There was also a chopped R60 in the mix with a Brit fork on it. Other odd bits and pieces.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                  Nice R50, I've had several of them from the '60s. Here is my '55 R69, it is the 257th R69 ever built. The Enduro bags actually belong on my '65 R69S but I had borrowed them for an AMCA road run when these pics were taken.
                  DCP_2727.JPG DCP_2726.JPG
                  That is a beautiful R69 Robbie, nice to see some vintage Beemers featured here.
                  Member # 8964

Comment

Nice bikes I’m an Indian guy but I enjoyed learning able other brands, especially BMW.
                    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Howdy chaps,

Have owned/restored various /2’s since 1991 and properly set up ones are lovely, from an AMCA Road Run perspective, too lovely. As a younger participant it was all about the challenge and these were “too easy”. Years ago, Mort and Dotty Wood routinely showed up with late 20’s Sport Scouts to tackle formidable terrain, more memorably, the Rockies. One year they arrived with matching R/60/2’s. This was a rare opportunity to bust Mort’s chops as he historically had the upper hand with me in most situations, I reminded …actually harassed them for the duration of the event that they “had given up.” Fast forward 25 years and we are signed up for 3 Road Runs and right out of the gate is Kanab, Grand Canyon, Bryce, etc…. At this stage the missus had now endured these events on a thin pad mounted to the fender rack of a hard tailed Knuckle. Now in our 60’s, me thinks we have bought a little slack. Pulled the R69S out of the back of the shop and went through from stem to stern, now aided by (pricey) factory parts from the BMW Heritage division. The Utah ride was a revelation, we haven’t ridden anything of distance since. Mort, you were right! Besides the ignition/charging illustrated in this gallery the best improvements one can make for confidence at the helm for larger heavier riders; side car springs front/rear and slightly wider side car bars.

https://petergz.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/BMW/My-R69S
                      Cheerio,
                      Peter
                      1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

PRG, beautiful photos, thanks for posting!

Growing up in the 50s &60s, it seemed to me that BMWs were the only bikes the Harley guys didn't bad-mouth, but often commented that "Those guys are nuts, they run at 100 mph all day!" Now that I'm a bit older (OK, WAY older) I realize the bikes they were talking about were only 500 or 600cc!
                        Rich
                        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Some sexy bits awaiting a future build..
                          DCP_2810.JPG
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Let me know if you come across a pair of correct carbs for R50 or R60, will swap my Type 53 Bings!
                            Rich
                            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I know nothing special only 1980 year but when I bought it I Mannheim in Veterama it was in very bad condition .
                              After renovation I traveling cross the Europe - my the best bike for the long trips P1150511.JPG

Comment

Working...
                              X