X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Green
    tom

Comment

I was there & questioned the officials , that 38 Chief was a 39 including the serial number, did not seemed very concerned. the 33 Motoplane had some issues, but got bid up to $77,000 including Mecum's 10 percent cut. If you had no reserve or dropped your reserve, cut was 6 percent. Motoplane is very rare & that drove up the price. I was sitting next to gentleman who bought both Emblems, before bidding told my wife he was getting them both. The big one for me was the 1940 four with clearly restamped numbers & restamped frame numbers for a 1947 Chief. Wednesday set the tone for low bids early & prepared everyone for what was coming. I thought the British bikes & BMW's were soft & there were lots of them. Talked to a guy in the elevator who bought a Honda for $1700, that he did not want but felt he couldn't pass up, the parts were worth more.

Comment

I was there and had a great time as usual. It did seem that attendance was down and the prices were soft on many brands, except for the Kawasaki triple bikes WOW. I found what I thought was a good deal on a vintage Harley drag bike 6k plus tax and fees. Exactly what I have been looking for! Brought it home in the pickup. Lot T 169.1 if you want to see it.
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
          I was there and had a great time as usual. It did seem that attendance was down and the prices were soft on many brands, except for the Kawasaki triple bikes WOW. I found what I thought was a good deal on a vintage Harley drag bike 6k plus tax and fees. Exactly what I have been looking for! Brought it home in the pickup. Lot T 169.1 if you want to see it.
          Cool bike, and a great price. Have you fired it up yet?

Comment

It has been on a display only status for 30 years so it's going to take a little work. I have a couple friends who use to race and wrench top fuel in the era, will discuss with them as to how the best way to bring it back alive. Bike is now set up for alcohol. Here is a link to the bike on Mecum site. https://www.mecum.com/lots/1109041/h...aa_id=547252-0
            #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
            X