No announcement yet.

Paper shortages cause increase in advertising rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now here's an idea; if the AMCA wants to increase circulation, and take a swipe at 'woke' indoctrination, try 'Easyrider's' cheesecake motorcycle enhancements.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
      Now here's an idea; if the AMCA wants to increase circulation, and take a swipe at 'woke' indoctrination, try 'Easyrider's' cheesecake motorcycle enhancements.
      facepalm-triple.jpg

....Cotten

AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

That is funny, Tom.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
          I enjoy the magazine. I don't always get to it when it arrives but I do eventually and it is a good to have on rainy or snowy days.
          I like the AMCA archives and spend a bit of time in there looking at digital copies of the passed issues and I find this valuable.

One deficiency I have found with the AMCA magazine archives is there are no issues for 2007. Curious; I have not been around long enough to know if in fact were no issues in 2007 or if the 2007 issues were simply not archived.
          There were the usual 4 issues for 2007. I guess the scanners missed them. I have them in my motorcycling periodical library.
          AFJ

Comment

image_37752.jpgimage_37751.jpgimage_37753.jpgimage_37754.jpgimage_37755.jpg
            Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
            I enjoy the magazine. I don't always get to it when it arrives but I do eventually and it is a good to have on rainy or snowy days.
            I like the AMCA archives and spend a bit of time in there looking at digital copies of the passed issues and I find this valuable.
            I started making an "index" for myself of the Tech Issues in the passed issues as I am "tech challenged" and am trying to improve in this area.
            I quite like the current Nuts and Bolts editor Ted Borman. I like the way he goes about his craft and I admire that he is NOT afraid to start (again another personal deficits).
            I appreciate anyone who is knowledgeable AND approachable.

One deficiency I have found with the AMCA magazine archives is there are no issues for 2007. Curious; I have not been around long enough to know if in fact were no issues in 2007 or if the 2007 issues were simply not archived.

So many print motorcycle related magazines have come and gone I am glad the AMCA magazine is still standing.
            I have lots of past issues of many magazines, especially those that interest me. And I've read them all at least once. Most from volume 1 issue 1 until they bore me which is around the '70s.
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Rubone, your knowledge and collection never ceases to amaze me!

Comment

I also like the magazine, something to read in 'the library' every morning. As said above, some articles are more interesting than others, but still enjoyable.

I find it ironic that so many publications have gone digital and yet there is a paper shortage.
                AMCA #41287
                1971 Sprint SS350 project
                1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
                1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
                1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
                96" Evo Softail self built chopper
                2012 103" Road King "per diem"
                plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Relative to the OP, the first thing I read was the editorial and found it to be of no interest whatsoever. Editorials are known for that though. I knew from Mr Edwards original introduction a few issues back that he may be a bit disconnected from the grass roots of the club. But that doesn't mean he's not a good magazine Editor. Trying to please all of a 13k membership as editor of any magazine can be daunting task. Probably akin to pleasing everyone who enters the judging program. Printed magazines in todays digital world have been a dying breed but this one, still shines brightly in my personal opinion. I look forward to it like the rare trip as a 10 year old in the early 70s when mom would take me to the Suzuki shop for parts, and that 50 mile round trip was a BIG deal for a farm kid!

I do believe the magazine is still the most important aspect of membership for the majority, but I know some never open it. I am blessed to attend road runs, swap meets, and chapter events. If I wasn't able to do that I think the magazine would be an even greater asset. I like the meet and road run reports and members showcases the best as well as relative advertising and trash and treasure. Some things digital media just can't beat. I keep the mag on the table and flip through it during breakfast off and on for 4-5 weeks after receiving reading most interesting to least. Peace
                  Last edited by Skirted; 05-06-2023, 05:40 AM.
                  Jason Zerbini
                  Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                  Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X