Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender identification help

I can't identify this fender,

I am thinking Indian, but I have been wrong before, what year and model also

Thank you in advance
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

my bits of Scout has that fender

Comment

Late 30’s Indian Sport Scout, but somebody messed with the bottom of the braces. The hole on the top center is a clue to the Sport Scout instead of a Chief or Four, there is a mounting screw goes from the inside of the fender to the bottom of the fork body. Here is the fender on my 1939….

4138B11A-C4BD-4E1A-A311-D48B6ECDF418.jpeg
      Attached Files

Comment

Tom Lovejoy, and FLFD7, thank you for the responses

bjind

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a front fender (allegedly an Indian scout) with fender stays connecting to the axel, that look like the photos above.

I could be very wrong, but I was thinking the riveted, widened, and unusual shape of the piece connected at the axel is not Indian, but some other handmade shaped piece. Looks to me like the primer painted fender wouldn't fit well near the front brake backing plate. Also, the flathead screws attaching the fender stays doesn't look correct either... just my 2 cents worth, I'm certainly not qualified to be a judge, but I'm thinking it might be an early Harley fender modified to fit a Scout. Has anyone else ever seen an Indian fender with a bracket like that ? asking for a friend.

C2K

Comment

...I agree with C2K, that bracket is likely home built to make the fender fit. The bracket wouldn't fit past (below) the forks on a later 30's Scout, and it wouldn't fit with an earlier leaf spring front either. I also think the hole in the bracket and the angles of the stays appear designed to attach the fender higher up than at an axle, so probably on a rocker.
            Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Working...
            X