No announcement yet.

Harley Sport Model book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rubone and all, and I'm drafting away with 40 pages done so far, and guessing it will come out around 50, with full page color photos of unrestored and accurately restored bikes for each year. I'm still missing pictures of a good 1921 Sport, so do you know of one?

Comment

H-D Enthusiast April 21 Sport.jpgH-D Enthusiast March 21.jpgH-D Enthusiast April 21.jpg
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for the pictures and I'm not lucky enough to have those early Enthusiasts in my collection.

Comment

1922 Sales Catalog
          1922 Sales catalog cover.jpg1922 Sales Sport Twin.jpg
          1922 Sales Sport Twin 2.jpg
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

1922 Sport Model Ad

HD 1922 - The New Sport Model.jpg

Comment

Thanks Rubone. Interesting to see the Brewster Green paint specified in the brochure, when Jerry Hatfield says they continued with Olive Green. Also that totally enclosed rear chainguard has gone, presumably as a cost saving measure.

Comment

Steve, I have an original paint 1921 WJ. AMCA judged in the early 1990's. Only thing missing as I recall is the lock for the tool box. It will be difficult to get it out and I am not much of a photographer. I am also a dinosaur as far a computer. I will try to get you pics.

Comment

Dear Dave, thank you so much and your pictures would be very much appreciated. There are only ten Sports judged by the AMCA, and of course color photos of good bikes is what is needed for this final book describing the early Harleys.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
                    Thanks Rubone. Interesting to see the Brewster Green paint specified in the brochure, when Jerry Hatfield says they continued with Olive Green. Also that totally enclosed rear chainguard has gone, presumably as a cost saving measure.
                    Speaking of cost..this is the last year they appear in the price list, by '23 there is no mention of the "Sport Twin".

1922 order blank 2.jpg
                    Last edited by Rubone; 02-08-2023, 08:24 AM.
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

There was a numbers correct 1923 here in NZ, 23 frame number, 23 engine number, but the guy that owned it passed away and where the bike is now I don't know.
                      I'll have to look but I'm sure I have at least one advert for 1923 models from the North Island HD importer "Merson Brothers"
                      Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                      A.M.C.A. # 2777
                      Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

A couple more Sport Model images from my hard drive

Attached Files

Comment

And one more from my hard drive ( I scan in most of my motorcycle related paper ads, articles and brochures). I don't know where I got this from. Don't know if was an eBay buy or from my father. Either way it's 16 pages in length, here's the cover:

HD Sport AI Cover.jpg

Comment

Thanks everyone. The literature says that H-D Pres Walter Davidson cancelled the Sport sometime in calendar year 1922. The dealer order blank shows the 23WF and 23WJ and 1,095 are reported sold, perhaps mostly exported. I have pictures coming of two 1923 Sports in Holland, and others in Australia and New Zealand seem quite likely.,

Comment

The second image in post 41 shows the 20W with the shield decal.
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X