Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Wall View Post
    Gene,
    Is there anything that can be done to help Stewart out?
    Very disappointing to hear as he is such a friendly man with a fantastic connecting to his motorcycle.
    Jim
    Jim, thank you but at this point I don't think so. For now all the bases are covered. He will probably be reading the forum soon, so good wishes are always welcome.

Comment

Stopped in the ICU to deliver a few personal items to Stewart. Currently he is in surgery, hoping all goes well. Had to take a picture of all the wonderful nurses that have been giving him so much great care! Bailey, second ftom the right has been his personal nurse.

I have a huge soft spot in my heart for all nurses, ICU and ER nurses especially!!! 20220908_130611.jpg

Comment

Real sorry to hear about Stewart's mishap. Pray that all heals as it should. I sure hope everyone else will continue with success and no mishaps. Thank you for posting as your travels' progress.
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Originally posted by gharper View Post
          Stopped in the ICU to deliver a few personal items to Stewart. Currently he is in surgery, hoping all goes well. Had to take a picture of all the wonderful nurses that have been giving him so much great care! Bailey, second ftom the right has been his personal nurse.

I have a huge soft spot in my heart for all nurses, ICU and ER nurses especially!!! 20220908_130611.jpg
          Sorry to hear about Stewart's mishap. I hope he has a speedy recovery. The care of these lovely ladies will surely make him feel better.
          AMCA #41287
          1971 Sprint SS350 project
          1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
          1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
          1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
          96" Evo Softail self built chopper
          2012 103" Road King "per diem"
          plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Here's Stewart's bike yesterday morning ready for departure. I liked that he had chosen to retain the patina on the tank, adding a lot of character to it. I'll process this more when we get home for a better image for Stewart.

Stewarts 1119 AMCA.jpg

Comment

Tuesday we made a loop ride retracing Lindberghs side tripsi made while stationed 20220906_120725.jpg20220906_121616.jpg at camp Knox. Besides the Lincoln home, he visited Mammoth Caves and Crystal Caves. We followed his route from Elizabethtown south to Mammoth Caves. In many places we were on the old original Hwy 31, now a narrow tree lined road paralleling the RR tracks.

Comment

A nice shot at Mammoth Caves where we were very well received by the park visitors. Always nice to talk with folks that are interested in our bikes and the trip.

20220906_133124.jpg

Comment

Very sorry to hear about Stewart, I surely hope he recovers from it all!

Comment

Another shot at the entrance to Mammoth Caves Park.

_DSCMammoth 1113 PMW.jpg

Comment

Each day begins with maintenance. In this case Hans has replaced the primary drive chain and is moving the transmission to get the correct tension.

Hans hand 1094 PMW.jpg

Comment

Back on the first day the team made a quick commemorative stop at the Lindbergh house just South of the UW campus. While there everyone jumped into their rain gear before heading Eastward out of town. L to R: Gene, Hans, Stewart and Alex.

Lbgh House 985 PMW.jpg

Comment

Before leaving Chicago the group posed at the former site of the Excelsior factory, now sadly gone without a trace.

Factory 1038 PMW.jpg

Comment

Today was a scheduled rest day in Maggie Valley NC. We first unloaded the truck and trailer to consolidate and condense gear. Unfortunately we had to pack Stewart's gear away in the front of the truck.

Then we spent the morning performing maintenance on our bikes. We discovered why Stewart's throttle stuck.open. The handlebar clamp for the throttle was a bit loose and it allowed the casing to slide out, which created a loop that jammed up when attempting to close the thtottle.. Goes without saying, we all inspected our setups very careully!!

This afternoon we took in the Wheels Thtough Time museum. WOW!!! What a collection! Great reception ftom the staff.

20220909_143457.jpg

Comment

Here's another shot at the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley. L to R: Hans, Gene and Alex. This is the friendliest museum in the US by far. Lots of great American iron, much of it in running condition. It's well worth a side trip no matter what you ride.

Wheels 1147 PMW.jpg

Comment

Facing a long rainy ride to Georgia the team is out at dawn. The first 50 miles had steady rain, the next 200 just drizzle and mist. These bikes are dialed in now: minimal stops and maintenance issues.

Rain Start 1231 PMW.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X