Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going down a long road alone.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going down a long road alone.............

My good friend decided that going across country alone on a motorcycle was not daring enough so he decided a few weeks back to do it on a bicycle. His wife dropped him off in Seattle with the final destination of New York. Been dealing with rain, sickness and pain, now into it about 5 weeks. He is 64 and an avid Indian guy that just had to do it this way. He just stopped at Jerry Greer's Engineering in Deadwood South Dakota and was given a nice tour.

Now back on the road to the big apple. Said he has seen a lot and met some nice people on the way. Usually travels about 50 miles a day with a day off at a motel once in a while. Looks like 6-8 more weeks to go. He is posting on Instagram off and on as to his travels. So if you see him going east on some back road all alone give him a thumbs up or a wave. Hope he can pull this off.
    Last edited by KNUCK; 06-25-2021, 07:31 PM.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Hi Knuck - I like stories like this. Would you send me his name so I can follow him in his quest on Facebook? Even will give him some support. A member of our Chesapeake Chapter AMCA this spring hiked along the Appalachian trail from Virginia to to Olney PA and attended the meet.

Mike Love

Comment

Nick Dounias and he is on Instagram not Facebook my error. I should also give him a plug, he is Hagerty #1 motorcycle sales agent in the USA. On page 84 of May-June AMCA issue.

Comment

Wow, that is a Journey & a 3/4!!! I wish Nick the best of luck.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorc...n-sport-scout/

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Nice link to Hagerty JoJo, Nicks bike is a really nice piece!

Comment

Now in Nebraska and still going strong.https://www.instagram.com/nick.dounias/

Comment

My wife would love it if I did that on my bicycle ! Not really, but I think I would like to do an abbreviated journey like that. Great respect for Nick, and wish him all the best.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Super Story: Go Man! Go!!!

Comment

Nick is on the move again after a couple days off for rest and a small bike repair. Heading into Iowa. Over half way now!

Comment

Nick was very pleased to reach the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa Iowa yesterday, said he had a nice tour. Now back on his bike and moving on. Follow him on instagram. https://www.instagram.com/nick.dounias/

Comment

Great story and the utmost respect for his ongoing healthy accomplishment to see this country at a bike pace. I always try to take non interstate roads on my journeys when feasible (meaning most of the time) but always at a faster pace than his of course, unfortunately. This is a great, step back and enjoy the great country that you live in! Wish him all the best from OH.
                      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Still going strong now into Michigan. Took a spill the other day.

Comment

So a little update on Nick. He made it to New York and will have reached his goal this week to have peddled across the USA on a bicycle. Likely visit Niagara Falls today. Will have completed within 90 days, that was his goal .

Comment

Wow Coast to Coast by bicycle that is an accomplishment. Well done Nick!!!!!!

Comment

Completed his trip and dipped his feet and bicycle in the Atlantic Ocean. Is on a flight home. Now to return to the real world, maybe hit the road again when he sees all the bad news.......

Comment

Working...
                              X