What Happend to Rhinebeck show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichO View Post
    JoJo, Thanks for the video post. I remember when it was like that. We held our first meet in 1982. If you come to Dixon you'll find it close to what it used to be like. We try to keep it that way on purpose. Small farm town fairgrounds. One hundred and seventy venders last year. We'll treat you like family because you are.
    Always heard that Dixon was an Excellent Meet RichO, hopefully i'll make that Long Haul one day. Todd Bertrang posted a lengthy 2016 YouTube video a few years ago, and it sure looked intriguing!
    Sometimes you just have to let off some steam, especially when comparing the ole' days to the current.
    Anyway, thanks for the pep talk & invitation RichO!

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 05-08-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

rhinebeck

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
      HiYa,
      Here's a story some of you might, or might not remember?
      Back around the late 1970's, Steve McQueen realized that there was not one Motorcycle Museum, fully dedicated to the American Ingenuity of 2 wheel travel located anywhere in the USA. So, with the help of close friends, Bud Ekins & Greer, they set out to collect Motorcycles for the Museum. So far so good, that is until some of the sellers got wind that McQueen's bankroll was buying M/C's left and right for the upcoming Museum. Some, but not all, began gouging the motorcycles, that at the time were un-popular, and fairly priced, just for the simple fact that they could cash in on Steve's quest & passion to build the 1st American Motorcycle Museum.
      Today, and for quite a few years prior, that scenario is being repeated, only on a larger scale, where Greed has surpassed the Passion and comradely, and has no Limitations.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24559[/ATTACH] >>Easyriders issue.

*M.A.D.*
      I saw a seat at RB last year priced at 4k, How can a working stiff like me afford a teens/20s/30s bike unless i get one piece at a time..lol

Comment

I too saw an Indian Chief seat at the Jefferson AMCA meet probably two years ago and the seller wanted $3500 for the seat. I thought at first it was a misprint, his icy stare when I enquired told me it wasn't.
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

Rich, you are absolutely correct, Dixon is a great meet, none better.
          Lonnie
          Lonnie Campbell #9908
          South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

There was a lot more going on in addition to high priced food and seats. By the way, I bumped into a guy in Rhinebeck with a Motoguzzi hat on and I apologized. He replied "No problem". He looked remarkably like Billy Joel. Come to find out from the reaction of the crowd, he was the real deal. Hey Billy, I like Motoguzzies too!

https://www.recordonline.com/story/l...d/51523318007/

Comment

A couple more fun facts. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019...-new-york-city

Comment

Working...
              X