What is it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it??

I couldn't think where this thread should go, so I plonked it here and I'll let the Mod squad clean up the mess.
    Can anyone identify any of these parts. I feel like I’ve seen the plate with OUT stamped on it. It may be a tool??
    The tooth section looks like the whacky noisy thing that kick starts Indians.

PC140010.jpg

PC140001.jpg

Regards Steve
    Last edited by Steve Little; 12-14-2018, 02:43 AM. Reason: added second picture
    Steve Little
    Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
    Australia.
    AMCA member 1950

Steve,
    In the second picture, the device with "out" on it is part of a clutch push rod assy. for a late model Harley I believe.
    Also, I think the sprocket may be an aftermarket one for late model Harleys to eliminate the stock compensator sprocket

Comment

The sprocket is looks British, appears to be unit Triumph.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

'OUT' is on a release plate. My 99 Evo has one. I don’t know if they made more than one version of them but the part number for mine is 37903-90.
        Eric

Comment

Is the axle possibly Harley Hummer?

Jerry

Comment

Thanks to everyone for having a shot at identifying the parts.

Hi Jerry. I have no experience with Hummers. I just tried a 3/8” unf nut on the fine thread, but it was having none of that. I put a thread gauge on it and it is measures 10 mm X 1.25 pitch. Did Hummers use metric threads? The turned area of the shaft is 11.95mm diam and is 8 1/16” or a bees dick under 205 mm long.

Thanks Eric and RCamp. The new name for this part is Evo clutch adjuster #37903-90.

Thanks Robbie. The drive sprocket has 29 teeth and appears to be nos. The part number forged on it is E4572 and the forge id stamp is RFW. I’m wondering if the 18 tooth pinion gear may also turn out to be Pommy.
            The radius section with teeth on it might be motorcycle or maybe industrial.

This site has so many knowledgeable people who can identify parts from pictures. A permanent thread like this would be a great tool and also create interest.
            Steve Little
            Australia.
            AMCA member 1950

Comment

"A bees dick". Now THAT'S funny!

Dale

Comment

More guessing games. The 12” rule is placed in the pic to help with size estimation.
                The black spring looked as bad as the others. I spent 5 minutes on the wire wheel and then dunked it in “Rust Away” for an hour. I believe all the springs are NOS but at least the black one looks like it now. Anyone got any clues on manufacturer and model fitment for any of the parts?
                Rust Away is hellish expensive over here. Anyone got any suggestions on a cheaper method of getting rid of oxidation on steel?

PC180002_1.jpg
                Steve Little
                Australia.
                AMCA member 1950

Comment

E4572 is a Triumph part number.
                  From memory a mid 60's Bonnie engine sprocket
                  Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                  A.M.C.A. # 2777
                  Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Little View Post
                    Rust Away is hellish expensive over here. Anyone got any suggestions on a cheaper method of getting rid of oxidation on steel?
                    Steve,
                    I use Ranex from Bunnings. Mostly in a spray bottle (ex Nifty or similar) to protect surfaces after bead blasting but you can dip bits in it as well.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bondall-...erter_p1560847

Don't get it on wifey's pavers though. I've discovered, much to her disgust, that it takes the colour out of them.

Comment

Steve,
                      Try a mixture of about 10% molasses and water. Leave the part in it for a week or more. I cover the container to prevent evaporation. Remove it and wash it off with water. A little scrubbing with a brush may be necessary depending how heavy the rust was. It will not hurt the paint and leaves a pleasant odor in the shop.

Comment

Finally...The Jetsons technology is making it through to us.
                        We've had the dog walking thingy for a few years but the wife uses it instead of the dog....But this thing is truly Jetson worthy.

https://www.supertime.online/index.p...roduct_id=1137

Thanks for the posts and rust killer info. I will get a big clear tub from the supermarket and a couple of tins of golden syrup or molasses and give the rust what for.
                        Steve Little
                        Australia.
                        AMCA member 1950

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
                          E4572 is a Triumph part number.
                          From memory a mid 60's Bonnie engine sprocket
                          Thanks Thommo.

Thanks for the info Pete.
                          Steve Little
                          Australia.
                          AMCA member 1950

Comment

Vinegar also works very well, and somewhat fast. As with molasses, non-toxic to Mother Nature, and very cheap.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Little View Post
                              Finally...The Jetsons technology is making it through to us.
                              We've had the dog walking thingy for a few years but the wife uses it instead of the dog....But this thing is truly Jetson worthy.

https://www.supertime.online/index.p...roduct_id=1137

Thanks for the posts and rust killer info. I will get a big clear tub from the supermarket and a couple of tins of golden syrup or molasses and give the rust what for.
                              Steve,
                              The laser ablation system is real, but unfortunately the add is misleading. What they are advertising is just the hand held head. The rest of the machine is in the 10's of thousands of dollars. It would be nice to have but i think it is a long way before it would be affordable to the average person.

I was in Alice Springs a few months ago and met a guy who had a complete 1923 JD with a sidecar, and original factory paperwork for it. Complete and unrestored, what a beautiful outfit.

Cheers,
                              Mick King

Comment

Working...
                              X