Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
    I know where that rig is today. :-)
    barney donated it to the national guard armory in mayberry last I heard. it's right in between the cannon and the jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by nuklhd View Post
      barney donated it to the national guard armory in mayberry last I heard. it's right in between the cannon and the jeep.
      Now that's funny.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

The bike was part of George Dockstader's fleet of bikes used in movies and television. After George's death his son liquidated the fleet. The JD sidecar rig now sits at Glendale, CA Harley-Davidson.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris, I think that bike was also used in "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming" with Alan Arkin, and Carl Reiner. I saw that movie at the theater when it came out, and even then, the motorcycle was a stand out.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Does it still have the "historic commemoration" burned under the seat?!

Dale

Comment

Dale, I heard it was removed. Floyd the barber raised a big controversy over the vin being a restamp the whole bike was almost pulled.

Comment

Back to the varmit issue. What I have done now for many years is put some moth cakes in old socks and tie them in the engine compartment and it seems to work pretty well. Little buggers chewed up about $3000 worth or wires and vacuum hoses. That was it for me but they still attack other plastic areas. Some said it's about the need to sharpen or trim their teeth or they get too long. I don't know but I can arrange for dental work and get them implants so they don't have to worry about it. I mean how much can implants for a chipmunk cost? Found a product called Milorganite will help keep the deer out of the flower beds and shrubs. It is a food for the plants shrubs and grass as it is nitrogen granules and way cheaper than all those sprays. Wish my foxes and hawks would step up more and cull the heard! Like the idea of nature taking care for the problem.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                AMCA #12766

Comment

I already agreed with you, Rollo!

(In the #9 reply to this thread...)

In an attempt to bring this around to motorcycles somehow,..
                  I thought this was interesting: https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-001

....Cotten
                  PS: Bats are not rodents, yet I still like them around.
                  But my wife doesn't so much, and she called the exterminator yesterday on the dozen in the attic. Poor things....
                  (Should have fixed the roof vents sooner, but I can't handle a ladder any more.)

Ironically, I read that bat poop keeps mice away.
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-17-2017, 08:54 AM.
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Bats and Purple Martin Swallows are my best friends. On my property, the Purple Martin birds had the day shift, while the bats worked the night shift. Each species, supposedly eat 2-3 times their weight in BUGS a single day!!! Had to have a pond to attract the Purple's and also build them a perfect condo only to their specifications (NO LIE) to live in. Being from the BIG City originally, a local friend told me the bats were always around. To prove it, he said, get a pair of white socks and roll them up and throw them straight up in the air. Sure as hell, out of nowhere, 2 or 3 bats attacked the sock. The Bat and Martin attack bugs with pinpoint accuracy, when i would hop on my Ford 8N with the German Shepherd and black Cat in tow, those Purple Martins would come within inches from our heads to swallow the bugs. Another trick to deter critters, is to save the hair when brushing your dog, then spread the hair around your perimeter. This will send a warning to the animals that they are patrolling somewhere within the vicinity. When all else fails--Out comes the ShotGun!!! *M.A.D.*
                    Last edited by JoJo357; 08-17-2017, 04:46 PM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

Years ago,

I had a cat that would do endless backflips attempting to catch a pair of brown bats that would cruise through the barnyard every dusk.
                      Named them "Boris and Natasha".

Napthalene mothballs are still available!

....Cotten
                      Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-17-2017, 05:02 PM.
                      AMCA #776

Comment

Used to shoot pesky Rats, and then hang them up by their Rat Tails on the fence or post. This worked GREAT!!! The Living Rats could only wonder and fReAK OuT when they seen their dead buddies hanging around! I had Monster 2 foot Snapper Turtles swimming around in my pond, a farmer told me to take a treble hook, and put a nasty week old dead bird on the hook, and the Snapper cannot resist this, but i never tried it because those Snappers never really bothered me--except for my ex-wife--hahaha. *M.A.D.*
                        Last edited by JoJo357; 08-17-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                          Used to shoot pesky Rats, and then hang them up by their Rat Tails on the fence or post. This worked GREAT!!! The Living Rats could only wonder and fReAK OuT when they seen their dead buddies hanging around! *M.A.D.*
                          Big City rats would eat them.

....Cotten
                          AMCA #776

Comment

Like Detroit didn't have enough problems! From what i was told, somehow the Asian Rats have settled in town??? They are breeding with the city slicker 'Cannibal' RAT--now they are a tan color, larger, and run like Hell. They also can climb walls, and practically anything--plus-(Minus), they are living on rooftops! *M.A.D.*
                            Last edited by JoJo357; 08-17-2017, 06:53 PM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                              Like Detroit didn't have enough problems! From what i was told, somehow the Asian Rats have settled in town??? They are breeding with the city slicker 'Cannibal' RAT--now they are a tan color, larger, and run like Hell. They also can climb walls, and practically anything--plus-(Minus), they are living on rooftops! *M.A.D.*
                              http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/05/03/...ting-rat-meat/

Its always all about preparation.

....Cotten
                              PS: Back to mothballs: Was fuel octane in the '50s really only about 60?
                              The internet is the great mis-information highway.
                              Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-18-2017, 10:14 AM.
                              AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                              X