No announcement yet.

1936 el- value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Steve. I was going to ask Herb about the info he found on the 36ES-stamped motor but no luck either by PM or email which is why I was chasing another address. I also wanted to ask him about other model layout sheets and drawing/cross-reference 47000-40A.

Regarding U-series engines with anchors, I have a few photo examples for 1942 and 1945.

Re the 35VDS at the Alcazar Museum, I emailed them about it in February. They sent me a colour version of the page below along with a separate, and very intriguing, description which I translated but it’s the wrong bike and you’ll recognise it by its numberplate M-44891. I thanked them for their response and I asked again about the 35 but I received no further reply.
    Eric

Comment

Yes that is the other Toledo Museum bike, 32V3077C, also interesting because it has the 1933 Olive Green/Brilliant Green tank on a 1932 Olive Green chassis. Interesting that the museum records the bikes by their registration numbers rather than their engine numbers. The M must stand for Madrid. The second bike 35VDS1371 looks to have registration M51998 if you need it for the museum enquiry. Both bikes were converted to mill grain during the Civil War siege.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]18877[/ATTACH] recent pic of a 36 I am considering buying
        That was a bike mark wall restored. He was also owner of serial number 36EL1002 I believe he sold the bike for 95k
        Last edited by Panhead_Bobber_11C; 10-11-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X