Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember this lost motorcycle flick???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone remember this lost motorcycle flick???

HiYa, seen this movie back in the 70's, can't remember the title. It's like a Motorcycle Cannonball race. Factory teens motorcycles are pitted against each other, and race across the USA. I think Keith Carridene was in it. Looked around and can't find anything about this movie. Thanks.

That was; 'Fast Charlie, and the Moonbeam Rider'. Our illustrious veteran AMCA members Bud Cox, and Jerry Ottoway loaned some of their motorcycles to that production. I recall Bud saying he loaned an early Indian racing bike with original Blue Streak tires. I think the bike was just to be used statically for it's good looks, but apparently someone rode it around and ruined the tires.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Haha, going to answer my own query. Sorry, found it after i posted. Looks like it's super difficult to obtain this 1979 movie. It stars David Carradine, not Keith. "FAST CHARLIE...THE MOONBEAM RIDER''. Next question...Anyone here have a copy of this Good Movie?

Comment

Thanks Eric, you must have posted right when i sent the 2nd message. I remember those motorcycles and teens attire as being period iron and getup. Seen it once, and it's never been played at all since! Too bad about the Blue Streak's--i could see Keith riding that Indian motorcycle around, but not... "Kung Foo"!!! haha

Comment

Bud Ekins built a few of the bikes they rode a lot in the movie and did the stunts with. I have a not so great copy of it. A guy used to come and sell copies of all kinds of m/c movies at our Dixon swapmeet a few years back. Try ebay?
          DrSprocket

Comment

I should have mentioned Bud Ekins because he would have been the first person a producer in Hollywood would have looked up. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I recall it being boring, and predictable and the motorcycles were the best thing about it. The only good motorcycle movie I can think of is 'Code Two'.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks guys for the lowdown. Kinda remember "Fast Charlie" as being a little boring, but the Motorcycles were way too cool!!! Did You guys ever see "Act of Aggression"? A French movie made in the mid 70's also. It's pretty good, i think You can watch it on Youtube, and it's still available in good used copies. Mostly Mach III & 4 and Z1900's used in this flick. All in all, a pretty decent flick. Check it out. Cya'

Comment

Might find "Act of Aggression" movie listed in French--"L'Agression" Staring Catherine Deneuve. 1975. Lots of Great Motorcycle Stunts and Riding Here!!!

Comment

I own the Indian Racer that Bud Cox used in the movie. The Goodyear Blue Streaks are still in tact but you can barely see the blue streak on the front tire. On my facebook page I put a link to the movie a few months ago. I only saw one scene that the racer is in, it is being pedaled and won't start after they put some water in the gas at a filling station. It also stared Brenda Vacarro. I have many pictures, premier opening passes and original lobby cards from the film.

Comment

I've never seen the "Fast Charlie" movie, but I CAN recommend CODE TWO! This movie is available on DVD too.
                    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

'CODE TWO' is a Fantastic movie, only one drawback, they torture those ole' Harley Davidsons in this flick! Hey Dave Minerva, if You ever get a minute, maybe you could post some of the pictures? I just ordered an unopened dvd of 'Code Two' Jim, my vcr copy is all worn out! On FeeBay with shipping, it was 14 bucks.

Comment

"Fast Charlie...the Moonbeam Rider" (1979 David Carradine)---on YouTube gets You the Full Movie to watch. Never had a copy of L'Agression 1975, but someone has a good VCR copy for sale. If i buy it, send an e-mail and i'll make a copy for you transferred to DVD.
                        Last edited by JoJo357; 03-12-2016, 02:21 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                          'CODE TWO' is a Fantastic movie, only one drawback, they torture those ole' Harley Davidsons in this flick!
                          You are so right I also recall a Green Hornet serial episode from the 1940s where the Green Hornet is in an auto junk yard. While he's sneaking around a shack, a bad guy pushes an old motorcycle off the roof with the intention of crushing the Green Hornet. . . Okay; how did that bike get on the roof, and how could the Green Hornet (with his amazing deductive senses) not hear someone trying to heave a motorcycle off a roof. When I first saw that episode, I thought it was a Series 20 Excelsior, but I saw it recently and with the DVR feature I could tell it was a Harley JD. . . Probably a twin cam JDH
                          Last edited by exeric; 03-12-2016, 04:17 PM.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

[QUOTE]Probably a twin cam JDH[QUOTE]

Well a twin cam would fall faster....
                            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                              You are so right I also recall a Green Hornet serial episode from the 1940s where the Green Hornet is in an auto junk yard. While he's sneaking around a shack, a bad guy pushes an old motorcycle off the roof with the intention of crushing the Green Hornet. . . Okay; how did that bike get on the roof, and how could the Green Hornet (with his amazing deductive senses) not hear someone trying to heave a motorcycle off a roof. When I first saw that episode, I thought it was a Series 20 Excelsior, but I saw it recently and with the DVR feature I could tell it was a Harley JD. . . Probably a twin cam JDH
                              Bruce Lee.
                              I just watched another Mayberry where the feds came into the town with Panheads. Not the one with Barney on the JD.
                              AMCA #765

Comment

Working...
                              X