Rhinebeck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
    45OZ, don’t take offense! What you wrote sounded as if you don’t like to deal with questions about history, fit, and price, for example. And all I’m saying is that if that’s the case I won’t be buying from you (or vendors who don’t like to answer questions). So if you actually meant that you enjoy that part of selling at Rhinebeck then I apologize! It’s fine to vend at swap meets and not answer questions, all I’m saying is that I’m not going to purchase from vendors who won’t give the time of day. BTW, your later posting sounds different than your first one, too!

I have purchased parts at swap meets, even Rhinebeck. But I am not a 30 year veteran of swap meets, you don’t know me and I don’t know you. I have witnessed vendors who won’t get our of their chairs to show me which crate to look in, and others who actually will ignore a question. I’ve seen vendors asleep in their chairs and vendors toking up on reefer. That’s all fine, it’s okay, I don’t care….but I don’t think a fair claim can be made by vendors who don’t want to interact with the public (this is how I read your comments 45OZ… sorry) that a particular swap meet is bad. It’s just my opinion.

Full disclosure, I work full time and taking a Friday off to attend a swap meet would be a real luxury for me. Maybe when I retire I’ll be better able to attend meets that fall on workdays, and maybe I’ll find that Friday’s at a swap meet are a whole different deal… vendors are vending!

And if you vend at swap meets, don’t take any of this as criticism! I don't attack anyone's character by any means, people do what they do, that’s fine by me and I’m not saying they’re bad or should change, I’m only saying that if they ignore me I’ll have to keep on walking because I’ve got questions.
    I understand Piston, My statement was about the Rhinebeck meet ONLY, It has morphed into a "MUSEUM" show. what I mean by that is most of the people who now attend have no interest in Buying , Restoring or even Preserving the Antique motorcycle Heritage , & Take up the Time Needed to offer assistance to people like you who actual need info & parts for projects, & the percentage of "Looky Loos" has started to FAR outnumber the amount of those with needs for parts, & if you vend Even just to try to cover expenses this is not the meet that it will happen at. No Offense taken stop at my spot in oley #236 & I will give ya a beer & we can talk some more ....Oz

Comment

You guys have me feeling a little bad for you, that R-beck is so not a vendor's meet. I remember lots of fanfare about that meet and had it on my bucket list. No more. No parts, no meet, as far as I'm concerned.

Guess I should check page one to see if there was anything positive reported.

Comment

Rhinebeck National Meet will in fact take place June 30th(vendor set-up), July 1 & 2, 2016, squashing the otherwise rumors contrary some have been spreading. We felt this was the better decision. Finally we are getting away from conflicting with The Americade in Lake George, N.Y. as well as Laconia Race Week, N.H. Needless to say we also have moved ahead from family graduations etc. and moved to summer vacation time. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
        Respectfully Submitted
        Dan Henke Chairman
        Don Spence
        Keith Moser

Comment

THANKS for the official word on the Rhinebeck dates.See you on June 30th.Great place,Great meet.
          Al Gurka

Comment

I've been the last three years. I love old motorcycles I cant afford to restore one right now but love to look at everything from the all originals to the fully restored to just a box of old parts. I try not to bother any of the vendors if they are with potential customers but if they are sitting there and feel like talking I love to hear their stories of how they started out in the antique motorcycle hobby. Hopefully you all are not totally done with Rhinebeck. I look forward to it and maybe talking with a few of you in person.
            Nothing like the feeling of towing home a new bike.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
              I've been the last three years. I love old motorcycles I cant afford to restore one right now but love to look at everything from the all originals to the fully restored to just a box of old parts. I try not to bother any of the vendors if they are with potential customers but if they are sitting there and feel like talking I love to hear their stories of how they started out in the antique motorcycle hobby. Hopefully you all are not totally done with Rhinebeck. I look forward to it and maybe talking with a few of you in person.
              Many vendors would gladly speak with you. Here persons are just expressing their thoughts, we're just talking here. Come to Rhinebeck, where just about 100 bikes are judged and still worth the trip.

Comment

Ronnie...It's good to hear the date is firmed up. The rumors started from the (tentative) next to the advertised date.

Comment

I wouldn't miss it for anything I look forward to it every year. Totally understand needing to vent and I can see where they are coming from. I have always had a great experience when I have attended.
                  Nothing like the feeling of towing home a new bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                    Rhinebeck National Meet will in fact take place June 30th(vendor set-up), July 1 & 2, 2016, squashing the otherwise rumors contrary some have been spreading. We felt this was the better decision. Finally we are getting away from conflicting with The Americade in Lake George, N.Y. as well as Laconia Race Week, N.H. Needless to say we also have moved ahead from family graduations etc. and moved to summer vacation time. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
                    Respectfully Submitted
                    Dan Henke Chairman
                    Don Spence
                    Keith Moser
                    I apologize for jumping in this conversation so late, but from the AMCA I do want to re-confirm what Dan, Donnie and Keith posted, Rhinebeck is absolutely on for 2016. Dan and company have been great in working with Dutchess County Fairgrounds in moving date to get away from Laconia's weekend. We look forward to a great event. - Keith Kizer, Executive Director for AMCA

Comment

Working...
                    X