No announcement yet.

Denton 2015 - Did Not Disappoint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll agree with everyone that Denton is a first rate meet, I've never had a bad time there. My only complaint and it is a small one is that it's come close after Oley and I need more time to build up my motorcycle account.

Comment

Louie,
      Before I go any further I want to say THANK YOU for putting on a great event. I will agree with you that Florida needs some help, did you ever think maybe for 1 second that what happened in Florida might happen to Denton ? I guess that’s what happens when you get a few stubborn people together that are not willing to work together or make compromises. FYI everybody on this post has something to do with Denton, we all participated in it. This is the first I hear about other events that are conflicting. I would have thought that with as much work and pride that goes into your event you would at least take the time to talk about it in a civilized manner, but it would seem that your opposition to the board handing down a decision is much the same way you are handling this also.
      Steve O

Comment

OK my last post on this dead topic, like I said before the topic of moving the meet was discussed (in a civilized manner) at various meeting and decided NOT to move it LAST year! This is NOT a new or ongoing topic, its a done deal just like the Barber meet deal was sealed before our meet this year. Steve O I dont know why you keep bringing it up or think you thought of it originally. As far as my opposition to a board decision, I dont know what your referring to, my only opposition was to the way they handled trying to get our meet to move dates. But this again is ancient history, its been over for a while.
        I spoke to our meet chairman yesterday about this tread, he was not aware it existed but was concerned over some of its contents. One thing was people not associated with the meet contacting the FarmPark and inquiring about other dates, this is not acceptable, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM MAKING SUCH INQUIRES.
        Finally I want to say that we conduct our meet by having face to face meetings and occasional emails, we do not discuss details on this forum, facebook, or any other social media. If someone wants to get involved, contact one of the chapter presidents or the meet chairman, we welcome all help we can get.
        This Steve O is how we handle our business.
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
          Thanks to all who attended, it was a great meet. I assure you there are no plans to move the meet, we are forced to share May with the national meet at Barbers next year, they tried (unjustly) to get us to move to accommodate the Barber meet by telling us how bad we were doing.......
          It is surely a great location, event and Date,,,Are you sure the National Board or any of its members "tried (unjustly) to get us to move to accommodate the Barber meet by telling us how bad we were doing......" I have been re-assured many times the National Board stays out of local affairs, like Eustis or the Cherokee Chapter expansion, and I would be shocked to learn I have been mislead by our Saintly National Board, meddling in local affairs.

Long Live Denton Farms Spring event, Great job guys. Shelby Withrow Cherokee Chapter Membership and Events Director

Comment

Just curious as to why I have received three separate emails from the Antique Motorcycle Club Executive Director in the past month regarding the Barber Meet...two inviting me to the Barber Meet "AMCA Lucas Oil Vintage Motorcycle Classic" and one Early Vendor swap meet registration for the Barber meet "AMCA Lucas Oil Vintage Motorcycle Classic"???
            I've never received this type of solicitation for an AMCA meet before...and based on the fact the the meet is not until next May I assume I will be getting more email (SPAM) in the upcoming months...

Comment

I have mentioned moving the dates of Denton to the end of October more times than I can count, even before the first meet took place. The problem is the Vote Louie refers to was done with a small group of people that "run" the meet but do not attend any other meets through out the entire year. If it was a real vote where all the members of all 3 supporting chapters could actually chose to move it or not I am sure the result would have been different. The few people that put forth 80% of the effort it take to make the meet happen do a good job with Denton but the unwillingness to reschedule the meet will be the demise of it. The facility is second to none in my opinion and I attend 7 meets a year every year. I have heard every excuse in the book about not changing the dates, but all I hear from the vendors and attendees is please change the dates, it's too close to oley and now its too close to barber. I will keep voicing my opinion when I have the opportunity but every else should voice theirs as well. Denton could be one of the best but will never have the opportunity because its too close to Oley which is and has been one of the top meets for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                Just curious as to why I have received three separate emails from the Antique Motorcycle Club Executive Director in the past month regarding the Barber Meet...
                Hollywood, Just so everyone knows who the emails I send out are going to, I developed a list of AMCA vendors from other National Meets who shared their vendor list with me. I purposefully did not ask for the Southern Nationals list not wanting to target their vendors. You received these emails based on two other events you participated in. I'm happy to remove you from future emails but assumed any AMCA vendor would appreciate the early registration email.

Also, the tools and programs being developed for the Barber event will also be offered to all AMCA National Meet and Road Run Chapters, such as on-line registration, electronic on-site event registration, mobile membership verification, electronic vendor placement program, and more. Everything we learn from the Barber event will be offered to all National Event Chapters at no cost. We have already offered this to the Southern Coalition. These tools will greatly reduce volunteer time needed to prepare for an event.

Comment

Thanks Keith. It just seemed odd to me. Like I said I've never seen this type of solicitation for an AMCA meet before. I get a list of meets at the beginning of the year and plan from there. If every National Meet and Road Run start doing it...that's gonna be a lot of email...

Just a thought based on your comment above regarding the Southern National..., If the only vendor list you exclude is the Southern National list ("not wanting to target their Vendors") doesn't that mean the only vendors not getting the emails (not targeted) are vendors that have only vended at the Southern National meet? I can't imagine that a vendor would have only vended at that one meet...ever. For example, I have vended at every Southern National Meet (Denton) and I receive the emails for Barber due to the fact that I vend at other meets as well...
                  That's enough outta me. Thanks for the response...
                  I'll be at Denton every year no matter when it is...I love that place...

Comment

... I can't imagine that a vendor would have only vended at that one meet...ever. For example, I have vended at every Southern National Meet (Denton) and I receive the emails for Barber due to the fact that I vend at other meets as well......
                    Good for you, Hollywood!

Do you only eat cake?

I could only make one AMCA Meet a year, and now,.. none are in reach.

Perhaps this can only be a "rich guys' game.

....Cotten
                    Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-18-2015, 11:58 AM.
                    AMCA #776
                    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thanks Keith. It just seemed odd to me. Like I said I've never seen this type of solicitation for an AMCA meet before. I get a list of meets at the beginning of the year and plan from there. If every National Meet and Road Run start doing it...that's gonna be a lot of email...
                      Hollywood, Good point on "a lot of email." You are correct we don't want to over do it. So, I will be presenting an idea to the Board next month that will allow us the ability to send out entire database a newsletter type email once a month. This email will give members an update on National and Local Chapter events around the county based on a clickable map. We will also feature helpful tips and tools. Hopefully all Nationals will want to participate in the on-line registration and there would be a single form to cover any or all events. I'm hoping the one email a month would not be too much. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Oh, Forgot to mention that if I get approval for the monthly email, anyone will have the option to opt out if they do not want to receive them.

Comment

Thanks again Keith...

No Cotten...not rich just dedicated..not sure what your problem is or why you can't get out...I drive my 1994 Ford van that I've had for 21 years to every meet I can...
                          My point was that if you were on any other vending list you would have received the email...that's all...
                          No need to reply...I'm done with this subject.

Comment

Working...
                          X