IMG_2374.jpg

Thanks for the great pics,
    lucky al.

Comment

Did anyone find my Canon camera that I lost at the 2014 meet
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks for the great photos Hollywood! Another great meet with fantastic weather! I heard rumblings that next years meet may move to mid or late Oct???

Regards,
        William
        William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
        http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Moving the Denton meet to the second half of October sounds like a great idea. The month of May can be a hectic time for many people. Curious about the weather this year? Last year was perfect, but every year I've attended in the past was as hot as Florida. Needless to say, I hate leaving one frying pan to go to another
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Maybe something to do with rumors of a Barber meet in May? Last issue of mag mentioned something in the works.
            Originally posted by wideglide38 View Post
            Thanks for the great photos Hollywood! Another great meet with fantastic weather! I heard rumblings that next years meet may move to mid or late Oct???

Regards,
            William
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

The humidity seemed a little higher on Saturday.....just a peek of what's to come for our area! I heard the same rumor regarding a Barber meet. With May's college graduations, Myrtle Beach Bike Week....it makes since (IMHO) moving the meet. October offers warm days, cool nights and lower chances of rain!!
              William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
              http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Well I have to agree this meet was great!
                I don't mean to brag but; I put together a puzzle in only a week when the box clearly said "2-4 years".

Comment

Thanks to all who attended, it was a great meet. I assure you there are no plans to move the meet, we are forced to share May with the national meet at Barbers next year, they tried (unjustly) to get us to move to accommodate the Barber meet by telling us how bad we were doing.......
                  Louie
                  FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                  Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                  YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Louie, Who is "they"?

Comment

"they" are always the ones who control, the ones in charge, the Man, big brother, ect. Do I need to say it? The AMCA National Board.
                      Louie
                      FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                      Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Wow, really
                        Louie FYI, I was the one that brought up moving the meet to the fall. the Denton meet originally sought to be a fall meet, I don't know why that didn't t happen, I was not involved at the time. I did speak to the park owner, several board members and a lot of friends and a lot of people like the idea. We would not be at the time of Barber and hosting the same time last event of the year definitely has a lot of offer. Vendor attendance would be up, all our northern members wanting a chance for a last ride, a better weather pattern, More scenic riding.

it would only take the support of all the volunteers that make it happen, changing the date to what was originally asked for should not be such a big deal. Please correct me if I am missing something.
                        Steve o

Comment

Steve o,
                          Thank you for stating you were the one who brought up moving the Denton Meet to the Fall. You made this statement in public at the AMCA Board Town Hall Meeting during the Denton Meet. There was a rather spirited discussion among the Southern Meet coalition members after you made this statement. I am not aware of any Board Member stating that the Denton Meet had to be moved at all or that it was doing badly. This is a great meet in a great location. I stated publicly during the Meeting that the AMCA Board fully supports all Chapters sponsoring AMCA National Meets and we would support any decision the Southern Meet coalition made regarding the future of the Denton Meet. And that is still the Board's position.
                          Richard
                          Last edited by Spag; 06-26-2015, 07:33 AM.
                          Richard Spagnolli
                          AMCA #6153

Comment

I sure would like to hear the reasoning against moving the Denton date to fall. I really think it would be a good thing, last chance to get the elusive parts for your winter build, a ride in our scenic country side at it s most beautiful time, a better probability of nice weather, a last chance to some of our northern members to get a last ride in before snow, this is what was originally proposed. And for those of you thinking that we will be competing against Barber this would pretty much put that to an end.Is there a problem with the volunteers for this timeframe because in my eyes that is the only possible issue that would be of major concern. This is a 3 chapter event, I would like to hear from some of you, and Louie please get back to me, I sure would like to hear what you have to say about this. Denton is a great meet and it could be even greater.

Steve O

Comment

You would have my vote Steve O. I've been to 4 Denton meets, and the '14 meet was the only one with nice weather. I live in Florida and I love to escape the hot summer weather we have here. I've talked to many locals in the Denton area and they have said that middle May is the transition to Summer. . . .Could be nice, could be hot. North Carolina is beautiful in the fall, and I think a meet after Jefferson would be well timed. Denton could be a bigger meet and the facility could certainly handle it.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X