Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
    Keith,
    Thanks for the explanation of how the magazines are mailed out. This explanation has been repeated numerous times before you were involved in the club. The ads for parts and/or bikes being posted online as they come in is already available on this site. If you would like to try to have a separate area for ads it may help keep some of the complaining at bay.
    Since you are fairly new here let me let you in on a little secret. We all complain here. Whether it is about the magazine, the cold at Oley, the rain at Rainbeck, the heat at Wauseon or prices on everything, we complain. It's just how it is here. We are not singling you out, you just happen to be available to complain to. Once the meets start getting along out there, we will find something different to complain to you about. Hope this helps you in keeping your sanity out there.
    Some people also see suggestions as "complaints".I think there is a difference.
    Got my issue yesterday.
    Tom

Comment

Got my issue yesterday too.
      AMCA # 3233

Comment

Just trying to inject a little humor. LOL.
        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.Bagin View Post
          Keith,
          Thanks for the explanation of how the magazines are mailed out. This explanation has been repeated numerous times before you were involved in the club. The ads for parts and/or bikes being posted online as they come in is already available on this site. If you would like to try to have a separate area for ads it may help keep some of the complaining at bay.
          Since you are fairly new here let me let you in on a little secret. We all complain here. Whether it is about the magazine, the cold at Oley, the rain at Rainbeck, the heat at Wauseon or prices on everything, we complain. It's just how it is here. We are not singling you out, you just happen to be available to complain to. Once the meets start getting along out there, we will find something different to complain to you about. Hope this helps you in keeping your sanity out there.
          I don't believe that the ads in the magazine are posted on our classifieds, not all of them anyway.
          I'd like to suggest a weekly posting of ads the magazine receives. Each monday the last week's new ads could be posted online on the forum. Those who do not have computer or email could surely get to some "outpost" to get a copy of that week's accumulation of new classifieds. This would enable those folks a timely chance at a buy. I realize that it's an extra step for them, however it is not as cumbersome as buying a computer, and then learning how to use it, just to compete with the online buyers. ...... forum managers, is there much wrong with this idea?

Comment

It arrived down under yesterday
            1914 P&M
            1915 Indian (project)
            1930 M50 Panther
            1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

This mailing system does not work. Have come some members must
              wait a month to get the magazine???? Haven't got mine here in Denmark yet????
              Really hope it's worth the wait....
              Best
              Villy

Comment

don't feel bad I live in sask Canada and have not got mine this is way past funny

Comment

Villy,

I understand the frustration but how the mail is delivered through periodic postage is in the hands of the mail system of each country, state, county, township, etc. The only other option would be to offer members an upcharge for First Class postage but it would be very expensive. To ship the magazine First Class overseas it would be an upcharge of about $7-$9 per issue ($42-$54 annually) and approximately $3.00 upcharge domestically per issue ($18 annually). Again, this is why I am pushing for an electronic version, free to members, in addition to the printed magazine. Your coffee table version may take a month to get to you but you would be able to see the electronic version in Denmark at the exact same time as the member in Ohio, where the magazine is printed.

Originally posted by villy View Post
                  This mailing system does not work. Have come some members must
                  wait a month to get the magazine???? Haven't got mine here in Denmark yet????
                  Really hope it's worth the wait....
                  Best
                  Villy

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
                    I don't believe that the ads in the magazine are posted on our classifieds, not all of them anyway.
                    I'd like to suggest a weekly posting of ads the magazine receives. Each monday the last week's new ads could be posted online on the forum. Those who do not have computer or email could surely get to some "outpost" to get a copy of that week's accumulation of new classifieds. This would enable those folks a timely chance at a buy. I realize that it's an extra step for them, however it is not as cumbersome as buying a computer, and then learning how to use it, just to compete with the online buyers. ...... forum managers, is there much wrong with this idea?
                    Red Dog,

Funny you should bring up the suggestion of posting the magazine's classified ads once a week as they come in. Bill Wood and I were having this same discussion yesterday. I think its an excellent idea. The suggestion has been made for years and in 2010 when Bill tried to do it there was a huge push back by members who do not have access to the Internet, or chose not to use it if they do. I think it is fair to say that we live in a social media world were if we don't post it, someone else will and we drive members to other sources for parts when we could provide that service for them. Can I get an Amen! If you guys want it, lets make it happen.

I talk tough, but there are procedures that we have to go through and get set up and board approval and all but I'm willing to push it up the ladder if I have support of you on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by arozmij View Post
                      don't feel bad I live in sask Canada and have not got mine this is way past funny
                      I am curious if the mailings are the same to newsstands,is there a list of newsstands that sell the magazine and what is the newsstand price?
                      Thanks
                      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
                        I am curious if the mailings are the same to newsstands,is there a list of newsstands that sell the magazine and what is the newsstand price?
                        Thanks
                        Tom
                        I believe that news stand sales were discontinued some years ago because it was a money-loser.
                        AFJ

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
                          I believe that news stand sales were discontinued some years ago because it was a money-loser.
                          AFJ
                          Thanks for reply,
                          Tom

Comment

Got the mag today, a month later than the first one who wrote here....
                            Think ordinary mail, maybe priority would work....i have had letters
                            sent from the USA in a fem day's at low cost...., it might be the form used...
                            For me ok with classiefied ads once a week...
                            As for the mag i like it in the mailbox allthoug it come late.
                            Thanks from here.
                            Villy

Comment

I joined in April 2015. Don't know whether my joining date qualified me for the May/June issue, but haven't seen a magazine here in New Zealand yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X