No announcement yet.

May/June issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing here yet in the greater NYC area.

Comment

came today in Kentucky

Comment

came today on Long Island

Comment

Came today in WNY
          Chuck
          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Still no magazine here in NJ.... 5/16/15 Maybe today?? I will post back when it arrives.
            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Received mine yesterday
              Nothing like the feeling of towing home a new bike.

Comment

I still have not received mine in South Central PA. If it does not show by Monday I'll ask for another copy to be sent.
                AMCA # 3233

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                  And I wonder why things I call on in the ad section are always sold............
                  Another example of how little the members matter, have you noticed how few ads there are. A First rate For Profit Club, could surely see that all 10,000+ members get the Great magazine within a couple of days of first and last sent. Seems like if the Magazine is selling so many ads we lose our not for profit stasis, the club could spend a little of the profit for the benefit of the members. Just my thoughts. Shelby

Comment

Mine finally arrived on May 16...
                    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Originally posted by HD48FL View Post
                      Nothing here yet in the greater NYC area.
                      Mine came yesterday.

Comment

50 miles from NYC no mag yet

EDIT; Lo and behold, showed up today, Monday May 18th
                        Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 05-18-2015, 04:52 PM.
                        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I would like to state the mailing procedures, as I understand them. All magazines are mailed by the printer exactly at the same time. Magazines are mailed Periodic Postage which saves the members a ton of money. The procedures of how quick the magazines are sorted and mailed at each individual branch or office within the postal system is completely out of our control.

Sure, we could insure the magazines are in members hands in two or three days from printing but it would result in memberships dues of more than twice what members enjoy today.

As far as classified items being sold before you call, keep in mind the ad has to be turned in nearly one month before the printing of the magazine. I'm sure most people promote that same item in several places. The fact that they are sold prior to some members receiving their magazine most likely has nothing to do with anyone beating you to the punch. I can assure you that no one with the magazine is leaking out leads prior to printing.

Just something to consider. Would any of you be in favor of an electronic version of the magazine being emailed to you before the printed version goes in the mail? This way Everyone would get the classifieds at exactly the same time. We are looking into it but its only a discussion point at the moment.

Comment

Keith, our classified ads on this forum don't get enough respect, or don't get used like they should be, perhaps. Some here have cited problems that make ebay the preferred option. I wish it were better here.
                            The ads in the magazine are more common for complete bikes. More high-dollar too. It's near-nostalgia seeing ads in the mag. I still like them.
                            But I can't understand why the mag's ads can't be available online. If timing must favor those who resource only through the mag, then we're stuck as it is. Getting past this is inevitable. Why wait?

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
                              But I can't understand why the mag's ads can't be available online. If timing must favor those who resource only through the mag, then we're stuck as it is. Getting past this is inevitable. Why wait?
                              Ads in the magazine are outdated, that section should just be eliminated. Post the ads in the classifieds here.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Kizer View Post
                                I would like to state the mailing procedures, as I understand them. All magazines are mailed by the printer exactly at the same time. Magazines are mailed Periodic Postage which saves the members a ton of money. The procedures of how quick the magazines are sorted and mailed at each individual branch or office within the postal system is completely out of our control.

Sure, we could insure the magazines are in members hands in two or three days from printing but it would result in memberships dues of more than twice what members enjoy today.

As far as classified items being sold before you call, keep in mind the ad has to be turned in nearly one month before the printing of the magazine. I'm sure most people promote that same item in several places. The fact that they are sold prior to some members receiving their magazine most likely has nothing to do with anyone beating you to the punch. I can assure you that no one with the magazine is leaking out leads prior to printing.

Just something to consider. Would any of you be in favor of an electronic version of the magazine being emailed to you before the printed version goes in the mail? This way Everyone would get the classifieds at exactly the same time. We are looking into it but its only a discussion point at the moment.
                                Keith,
                                Thanks for the explanation of how the magazines are mailed out. This explanation has been repeated numerous times before you were involved in the club. The ads for parts and/or bikes being posted online as they come in is already available on this site. If you would like to try to have a separate area for ads it may help keep some of the complaining at bay.
                                Since you are fairly new here let me let you in on a little secret. We all complain here. Whether it is about the magazine, the cold at Oley, the rain at Rainbeck, the heat at Wauseon or prices on everything, we complain. It's just how it is here. We are not singling you out, you just happen to be available to complain to. Once the meets start getting along out there, we will find something different to complain to you about. Hope this helps you in keeping your sanity out there.
                                D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
                                X