Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pan drive line. Will be interesting to see what this goes for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What brand are the double thin striped white wall tires? Any clearance issues with the chain guard or fenders? bias or radial? Thank you.

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14634[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14635[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14636[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14637[/ATTACH]

Harley1,

This is what I brought home and where I am at now
    Last edited by BigLakeBob; 02-19-2015, 04:31 PM.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bob, for what it's worth my double white wall tires are cooker bias ply on my 62'. No clearance issues and have done well.

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        I think most any bike can still be built from parts. I got my 1919 Henderson in 1989 and it sat for 12 years before I did anything to it. I did collect parts during that time but I also built quite a few other bikes in those 12 years. I don't like having a project drag on for that long but it wasn't an easy bike to do, and certainly not easy to find parts for. The great thing about that bike was all the people I met, and the learning process was priceless. I like having long term projects that are challenging, and become an adventure in networking with people with similar interests, and a treasure hunt for super rare parts. My '48FL started as a pair of gas tanks and grew from there. Sure, it may be more expensive now, but what the hell, I can't think of anything better to do
        Very well said Eric. You never know where that special part will turn up, who will give you that one lead. The building of several projects at the same times is quite satisfying when slow steady progress matures into a complete machine. Shelby

Comment

Working...
        X