Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tedd's Catalog; I have been "violated"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
    Tedd's has already contacted me, and I expect a friendly resolution soon. ....Cotten
    Which will be the best outcome possible... Hopefully a friendly outcome will also allow you to share the back story and all the associated apocrypha as a lesson to others.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

SrHr!

If it is a successful resolution, I shall be 'mum'!

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

SrHr!

....Cotten
        Durn it, Cotten, I had everybody but 60 Minutes heading your way to help you out, and you're gonna be "mum"?!! Can't sell tickets with that! (sarc)

Seriously, while we are "discussing" vendors on the vendor forum, it would seem gentlemanly (?) to hear from you whether your villain's image should remain tarnished, or if we can be encouraged to welcome his business in our club's advertising.

Comment

Filibuster!

I have only started to negotiate.
          And if the outcome is respectable, I shall respect it.

In the meantime, you are all free to express your feelings to them directly!
          (Their email should be somewhere at www/vtwinmfg.com, and you may wish to reference this discussion http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...iolated-quot-!)

Thanks,

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-20-2014, 02:53 PM.
          AMCA #776

Comment

SrHr!

....Cotten
            And so you should be.

Comment

Unfortunately, as much as the gory details would be fun... staying mum is the right thing to do.

I hope it works out well for you, Cotten! My guess is that it will.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                I believe that unless your photographs were copyrighted you don't have a leg to stand on. Anything uploaded to the internet is public domain.
                Not true. Just because it is on the internet doesn't mean you can copy it!!!!

Comment

Well, SrHr,...

"Copying" isn't hard, but pirating for commercial mis-representation should have its consequences.

Tedd has not responded to my simple resolution that he retain me as a consultant, and I would then be more than happy to provide even more photos and expertise.

If he chooses to "blow me off", I must either mount a long-term campaign to expose this piracy (what is this "facebook" thing anyway?),
                  ...or might I contact our AMCA Consumer Affairs advocate?

I hope that just because Tedd has two full pages of advertising in the magazine there would not be a conflict of interest, would there?

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776

Comment

It's getting warm out, time for some lemonade!

Liberty Motorcycle Specialities "the Original" Linkert Carburetor Bore Refinishing service as seen on page 667 of VTwin Manufacturing catalog.

with a few changes to your webpage, you could be getting some hits from people searching for VTwin Linkert Stuff.......

Just a thought if it doesn't work out, you can still make lemonade!
                    AMCA #10930

Comment

Knotthed!

I have a webpage?

....Cotten
                      Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-27-2014, 03:01 PM.
                      AMCA #776

Comment

I guess not, but you could have.

This is a good start and has most of the basic information that you would want on a webpage.

http://virtualindian.org/5deallib.htm

A facebook page might help as well as us newborns in diapers typically turn to the interweb to find information instead of the phonebook. And who has a phonebook for a little river town anyways?

I am pleased that you have the presence on the forum. Might not hurt to change your signature at the bottom of your posts to include Liberty's contact info. I know I have given it out before, as it is not really readily available. You could even have the link to your leak test in your signature.
                        AMCA #10930

Comment

Golly D.J.!

That's a 1993 profile of my shop, and I don't own VirtualIndian by any means, although I owe the owner "Moen" a lot.
                          (Anybody attending D-port this year that can carry Scout cylinders back to Denmark for me? Seriously.)

It would be pointless for me to advertise my services, as I am already pushed to my limits of productivity.

The Cannonball may be the end of me.

(Have I mentioned lately that I am STILL looking for somebody to take over?)

Meanwhile, back to topic,...
                          The lady at Tedd's who first emailed me with a request for a resolution just emailed me that she didn't get my email, after she received my inquiry for a reply to mine.

It's like dealing with the government.

....Cotten
                          AMCA #776

Comment

Golly D.J.!

The Cannonball may be the end of me.

(Have I mentioned lately that I am STILL looking for somebody to take over?)

....Cotten
                            what kind of tools and machinery is required for this take over?
                            rob ronky #10507
                            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

"The Cannonball may be the end of me"
                              Adios amigo!
                              AMCA #3149
                              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                                what kind of tools and machinery is required for this take over?
                                Rob!

I admit that my tooling is primitive, and machinery quite tired, but the only requirement is that the individual be foolish enough to want to make a name for himself in vintage American motorcycle services.

That's why the business has been "Liberty" for thirty-five years, and not named after myself.

I just want to vacuum and be a "greeter".

....Cotten
                                AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                                X