Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Identifying this Oil Line Bracket

Photo4069.jpgPhoto4070.jpg Photo4072.jpg

I need help identifying this bracket. This bracket is attached to what I thought was a 38-41 knucklehead oil return line. It has basically the same bends and length except the bend above the bracket doesn't seem quite right. I consulted Matt Olsen who's guess was possibly a bracket to hold an oil control cable on a peashooter. (Thanks Matt)...Anyone else know for sure what it is?

Still need help identifying this bracket...

Comment

On generator equipted 1926 on singles, 28 and 29 H motors and 1930 on VLs it holds the advance and retard control wire onto the oil pipe.
      Look in the parts books under 3393-26, 3393-28 and 3393-29
      Although there are 3 different part numbers I'm sure its all the same clip.
      Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
      A.M.C.A. # 2777
      Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Both Matt and Tommo are correct for generator equipt. with distributor, on 26 on up singles, holds adv. and retard cable to oil pump line, a hard to find part.
        Ken S., # 6457
        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Tommo.

For a moment you had me worried I am building a 29JDH and do not have a clip like the one in the picture for it .I thought I had missed something. But then I checked the parts book.

All of the 3 clips you mentioned are indeed to clamp the coil control
          And the picture in my 27-31 parts book has a picture for 3393-26 which could be the same as the one Hollywood asked about.
          But 3393-28 and 3393-29 look completely different from the one shown in Hollywood’s picture.
          Fortunately I do have 3393-28 which is listed for the JDH it attaches the coil to the gear chest not to a pipe.

Panic Over.

Pete Reeves 860.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll check out 3393-26!

Comment

Hollywood,

I happen to have a 26 single and this is one of the things my bike is missing. If you want to sell it, please let me know. Thanks, Mark H. 423sevenfourtwo2258

Comment

Working...
              X