This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris,

Not to get too political on this forum (as I sometimes do), but.... as a Tea Party guy, I wouldn't own anything affiliated with the word 'Progressive' just as a matter of principal; and the Soros connection amply justifies my opinion, at least to my own satisfaction. But I was aware of their affiliations and despite the name, I despise being on the same continent as those guys.

You must be a very lonely conservative on the left coast, a feeling I'm well aware of living on Long Island.

Good reporting Chris!
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Comment

Bob L!

I was that way before the accident.

The horrible irony of my story is that I negotiated the motorcycle settlement myself, and did far, FAR better than with attorneys handling my injuries.

And as I mentioned, I kept the machine.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
        Well Chris, as a observer from the east of the Mississippi, not knowing you and only being fed information from the way CA votes in elections, the big vomit Nancy P., and the Hollywood liberal circus and their view point, I am happy to guess that you are at least one with a conservative view point in that state. And I'm sorry Filibuster but when George Soros is mentioned it does become very political IMHO. I think the fences are being built over our modern issues just like the old 'fences' were built to represent the Mason Dixon line in previous times, just different times-different issues. Enough political, I just wanted to be light hearted and say I didn't realize it was possible to have a conservative west of Nevada. Bob
        Chris, Bob, et al:
        I usually appreciate political discussions (if they include real substance), and I am interested in how people think, and where their convictions are, because these things have so much to do with things like war-and-peace, and the dead-count on our troops. Soros/Murdoch, and many other below-the-radar influences therefore are important considerations in our discussions. I am un-afraid to engage in exchange on the subject of politics, but.....

Moderator, Moderator (with a capital "M"), do you suppose it is inappropriate to ask for "politics" thread? You can hide it at the bottom, or somewhere....

Comment

Filibuster!

Do we need a politics forum, when we already have "Judging" to divide us?

....Cotten
          AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
            Between 2001 and 2003, Lewis funneled $15 million to the ACLU, the group most responsible for destroying what's left of Americas Judeo-Christian heritage.

Lewis also gave $12.5 million to MoveOn.org http://moveon.org/ and America Coming Together
            Unhappily I think those amounts are "chump change" compared to amounts from characters like the Koch Brothers trying to influence things the other way. They all, both sides, should keep their darn money out of politics and put it to good use somewhere else. Corporations are NOT people my friend!
            Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Absolutely, Harry!

Didn't that Karl Marx guy warn about .... ... . Nevermind.

....Cotten
              Liberty Motorcycle Specialties, INC.
              AMCA #776

Comment

You mean The Koch Brothers that started the Tea Party? I am sorry but being a STRONG UNION MAN I will not associate myself with the Anti Union Koch brothers or their Tea Party. I don't shop a Wallmart either.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

You mean The Koch Brothers that started the Tea Party? I am sorry but being a STRONG UNION MAN I will not associate myself with the Anti Union Koch brothers or their Tea Party. I don't shop a Wallmart either.
                  You go Chris!
                  I hate just about everybody too!

Comment

Does anyone really know what the crooks who run the companies from the board of directors do behind closed doors with unknown overlords and mattoids.

Comment

Tomfiii wrote: "Does anyone really know what the crooks who run the companies from the board of directors do behind closed doors with unknown overlords and mattoids."
                      Tom!

I sometimes fear that there is no great conspiratory of overlords and mattoids at all. And we are left to Mathusian corrections.

After all, I met a Mattoid once, and she was kind of cute.
                      But then,.. don't forget what BobL said.

(And on that diversion from this political thread, I must add:

I had this bizarre dream where the world mega-control used a complex algorithm to seek out bloggers with unique language skills, and 'Men in Black' came to ask me if I would speech-write for our President, as a matter of national security.

Suddenly I could remember no more.)

....Cotten
                      Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-09-2013, 11:47 AM.
                      AMCA #776

Comment

Good thing the republican party is pro-union.

Comment

I have yet to see a left, or right leaning politician on the state, or national stage that is trustworthy. I have the same distrust for anyone that is an inflexible Republican, or Democrat. The only chance for peace, or progress is compromise and there is not one single D.C. rat that has that quality. Every one of them is beholding to some power-broker, or money man. Whenever I hear a heated debate between opposing party loyalists I know the American experiment failed for them. . . Or, they just didn't get it.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

Gosh Eric,

You have just elevated politicians to the same level as used car salesmen.

All of us have opinions, and honestly, with different perspectives, no two should ever be the same. Even if we were clones.

Our task has been to devise a system that...
                            Nevermind... again.
                            I was about to quote the Constitution.
                            (As many of us know, that has been a target of agendas as well, both positive and negative.)

If this discussion is to be productive rather than divisive,
                            why don't we consider how the insurance companies treat vintage motorcycling.

It has been the greatest obstruction to our service industry beyond all doubt (other than motorcycle marques themselves.)

....Cotten
                            Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-09-2013, 02:09 PM.
                            AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                              Gosh Eric,

You have just elevated politicians to the same level as used car salesmen.

....Cotten
                              Tom, the only difference is; I've actually bought a few good cars from used car salesmen
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Eric!

That statistic is not encouraging, considering the plethora of politicians we must consider.

Back to insurance,
                                Everybody searches high and low for the best servicepeople and shops for vintage machines.

Insurance is one huge reason why our industry is one that must rely upon micro-micro-micro businesses, that often do not survive.

....Cotten
                                Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-09-2013, 04:02 PM.
                                AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                                X