Davenport '13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichO View Post
    the President of the Blackhawk Chapter and a few members that bought into his B.S. about his friend who resigned as head judge because they wouldn't pay to have his wife go with him to national meets that did that.
    Rich please be a little more specific, I have had enough garbage thrown out there about things I never did or said. it was the person who took the job after me and only lasted for one year. whenever my wife traveled to meets with me, we paid for her airfare or whatever we spent, except for the mileage the club paid for me to deliver the trophies, paperwork etc.
    Last edited by kval; 05-12-2013, 09:54 PM.
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
      your intent is probably good but your approach sucks! gary
      Guess I'll have to hang with Gary on this, even if he may seem to be worn a little thin. I couldn't do his job without losing a little cool either.
      And as Davenport is important to me as well, I do wish to post occasional comment about that meet, the Blackhawk club (wanted to say chapter), and about our AMCA body as a whole. And I will trust that I will have that privilege as long as my demeanor is as Gary suggests it should be. .... Okay Gary?

We have more than a few sensitive issues about us right now, but we should have learned from the Davenport experience that the absence of COOL HEADS makes for more trouble than agreeable resolution. In this respect, we should understand the need for civil exchange, even if it seems a little too tender-footed for some of us. Passion is ESSENTIAL to us, but important enough also, to be evidenced sufficiently without theatrics.

I value this site highly, as it is the only vehicle available for exchange of information, opinion, and ideas. Yeah, the prez has had an open ear at the meets, and directors have been available as well, but I find more opportunity here, and I'm not offended by the contrast. It's who we are.

(nuff said. hope I can practice what I preached)

Comment

I may not have done a good job communicating my thoughts. My post was kind of wordy and I tried to be a little funny, which is hard for me in writing, even if I’d used the smiley faces.
        What I hoped to have understood is, I don’t have any problems with, or an opinion to share on the subject of this discussion. I understand that it can be a sensitive subject. It seems to me that with discussions on sensitive subjects, it can sometimes lead people to say things that aren’t really relevant, trading personal offenses on what may have been a misstatement or getting completely off topic. None of these things help the discussion and tend to make it worse.
        I was trying to remind everyone, to take a minute to think about it before you posts. Even if you don’t find a reason to have some respect for the forum or the people working on it, try to have a little for each other.

OR WE START DROPPIN' Da HAMMER

I think some of that’s been said here already and better than I can, but I thought I’d try to clarify my earlier statement

Thanks
        Gary
        I sure hope those smiley faces work

Comment

Gary!

Was I 'succinct'?

Thanks in advance.

....Cotten
          PS: Just my opinion, but all emoticons succ.
          And extinct if I had my way!
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-13-2013, 02:55 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

upsrod
            Ridiculous or not, the Blackhawk’s CHOOSE to leave AMCA.

Slojo
            Even a simple minded chest puffer can tell you that it takes folks on both sides of an issue to be willing to work toward a settlement of differences. The AMCA BoD reached out several times to the Blackhawk’s in attempts to resolve differences that lead to the Blackhawk decision to leave AMCA. Each time we were met with silence or flat refusal to talk.
            Please, Joe, if you feel that you have some knowledge to offer to build a better club, volunteer for one of the committees or apply for a Board position. Your input is welcome.

marsh1915hd
            I, too, as an AMCA Board member, am saddened by the fact that the Blackhawk M/C and the Labor Day meet are not part of the AMCA. I can tell you, first hand, that much effort was put forth by this Board in several attempts to resolve the differences that lead to this unfortunate situation.
            Though the results of the Chief Blackhawk vote in May 2012 have never been announced to the public, it was clear that by September 2012 the Blackhawk’s had ended their relationship with AMCA. Behind-the-scenes negotiations were ongoing until the Chief Blackhawk Chapter Charter was officially rescinded on May 8, 2013.
            Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Working...
            X