Davenport '13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport '13

I noticed that judging has returned to the schedule for Davenport this year. What is the story on this? I thought Chief Blackhawk Chapter voted to leave the Club? No?
    VPH-D

They judged last year by vote--very popular-many voters-not AMCA judging at all

Comment

Chief Blackhawk Motorcycle Club (new name) has left the AMCA and the Chief Blackhawk Chapter of AMCA has been dissolved. Any judging of motorcycles will be by their own rules and is not sanctioned by AMCA.
      Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

What a ridicules series of events that caused this great chapter to leave the AMCA!

Comment

Circumstances be as they may, I would like to affirm that the meet in Davenport will not have AMCA National judging at their fall meet. If you are interested in entering a motorcycle for AMCA judging, please check the calendar of events for the rest of the year. Oley was possibly the largest judging they have ever had. Almost 80 bikes were judged. The next AMCA meet with National judging is in Denton. If you have never been there, it is worth the trip. I'll be there!
          Don Dzurick
          AMCA Chief Judge

Comment

money and politics will get you every time.
            rob ronky #10507
            www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Oley and Denton are a long way from Colorado. Fremont and Davenport are all I can manage.
              VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by VPH-D View Post
                Oley and Denton are a long way from Colorado. Fremont and Davenport are all I can manage.
                VPH-D
                Don't forget about the St. Paul, Minnesota meet. That's a fun one, too!

Comment

We'll about St. Paul. It could possibly work this year.
                  VPH-D

Comment

Testing one two three . First post in a while, web problems have had me locked out.

Problems like Davenport chapter severing from the club should be handled from the TOP without prejudices . What we have is simple minded club management puffing their chests unable to generate intelligent discussion to produce an intelligent resolution. Expect more of the same if a resolution is not found. There is a lot of money to be made by private organizations once severed from the national.

Just my opinion....
                    joe

Comment

Just my opinion, Davenport meet has been the center of the club for many years. It makes me very sad that they are not in the club. There are other chapters set to do the same thing. The current club management is not doing there job if there is no intelligent resolutions. I don't know the answers but I don't like the way the club is going right now. How can we have a club with out a Davenport meet? Next time you go to Davenport the space prices maybe be the same or may be way more. The price of a space is way higher at Denver Co. meet, $100 a space. Look at how much they charge at the big meets. There will be no club meets if this keeps up.
                      May be this is the start of the end of the club? It has not been talked about in the club magazine.
                      The current club management didn't even show up at Davenport last year? That is not what I call ( doing the best for the club).

Comment

Davenport is not the whole AMCA! It never was and never will be. It wasn't the AMCA that killed Davenport it was the President of the Blackhawk Chapter and a few members that bought into his B.S. about his friend who resigned as head judge because they wouldn't pay to have his wife go with him to national meets that did that. Waseon, Jefferson, Rhinebeck, Oley have even more soul as far as this longtime member is concerned. We've only charged $ 45 per space for the last 30 years because that's what the national rate is here at Dixon (by the rules). What about road runs, the magazine, the local meets and activities. Can't you guys find another tune to play on this tired old fiddle? Get over it things change. people and things move on. Davenport started in the 70's and this club has been around since 1954 and will eround alot longer.
                        DrSprocket

Comment

DrSprocket!

Nothing "killed Davenport".
                          2012 was bigger than ever.

Perhaps a monster has been unleashed.

....Cotten
                          AMCA #776
                          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Just a thought before we move ahead

Opinions are pretty much the life blood of discussion forums such as ours here. They are each man or woman’s to hold as they deem fit. I'm sure many of us have heard the old saws pertaining to their value. Sharing those opinions here is a benefit and not a right. From my limited past experience, discussions such as this have the potential to go far awry from the stated intent of "exchange of information on antique motorcycles, and the joy of riding, owning, viewing and studying their history". Please keep your comments civil, honest, and as free from personal agendas’ as you can. After a few short years here I have personally grown tired of the dead horse beating. I believe I am not alone in this and that many of the more silent members agree. State your case succinctly, without rancor or vitriol and move on. I'll be tempted to exercise my option to close the thread, start awarding points toward banning or give people time off from this site so they can post elsewhere as to what a "Big Brother" First Amendments rights denier, Ogre the moderator of this site is. If anyone disagrees with this approach, please feel free to contact the board of directors and report me. Better yet start a new thread complaining about my heavy handedness.
                            Thanks
                            Gary
                            Forum Moderator

Comment

your intent is probably good but your approach sucks! gary
                              rob ronky #10507
                              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                              X