Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Chris Haynes;129097) Also read where I am not the first person to have problems with this eBay seller. Note that I also said that he was an honest man and I expect a satisfactory ending.
    So junkyard dog. You are barking up the wrong tree.[/QUOTE]

WTT's Ebay Feedback states in the last 12 MONTHS one lone buyer out of a total of 1,210 auctions left him NEUTRAL Feeback. If anyone who thinks that is excessive bad feedback and they should start warning the masses of a possible dishonest seller should try selling on ebay for a year and then let us know how ya did??

Comment

Corrected image1.jpgcorrected image 2.jpgChris, not trying to stir the pot, but the dent and the heavy rust on one end and then the rust on the screw hole are in plain sight with Dales ad and tells all one needs to know about this item.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ricmoran; 03-03-2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ricmoran View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10623[/ATTACH]Chris, not trying to stir the pot, but the dent and the heavy rust on one end and then the rust on the screw hole are in plain sight with Dales ad and tells all one needs to know about this item.
        Rick,
        The rust doesn't bother me. It is the several dents. I sent a message to the seller and have had no response from them. Once again I blame employees.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Anyone who sells on ebay and takes photos will tell you that Black Painted and Chrome Plated parts can be one of the hardest things to photograph.
          Combine that with an "employee" who is not up to snuff on terminoligy (NOS) and someone is not afraid to tell others how to and when and how much to bid on parts but can't figure out that something that is listed as NOS but looks like it was used as a boat anchor in salt water spells disaster. God forbid you wait till Monday and pick up the phone and call them seeing it is the weekend and the "employee" just might have a life or a family. And maybe the seller is in Florida for the upcoming AMCA Meet but don't be paitent. Just make him look like DooDoo not just here but fling some poop at him over on the other forum. Nice! Way to Go! Real classy!
          On page 87 of the Winter 2012 AMC Mag we have a nice piece on the new AMC Board Member Code of Conduct. Number 7 states basically that BOARD MEMBERS should not use "disparaging" words in any context in communications with Board and Club Members on the AMC forum or any Public Forum. That probably is not the story here as I don't think any Board Members are involved? But wouldn't it be nice if EVERYONE in this Club including myself showed some respect for fellow club members?. And i'm not afraid to mention I had to look up the word "disparaging" in the Dictionary. What came up is "belittle, degrade and disgrace."
          Or is the whole thing just some well deserved Karma??. Sucks when someone who treats others like DooDoo gets a little taste of DooDoo? Signed, "The Profiteer".

Comment

Hello, This is the same gentleman that said I was wrong for asking why a motocycle listed for sale on this site was on there. Maybe he is having seeing problems as the front fork is that of a 1980 up model. Not only not period correct but not even allowed at an AMCA swap meet, as not being 35 years old. As always, I do not have to listen to everyones B.S., as I have enough of my own. Hey 46EL didn't Volkswagon make karma in the 60's. Enjoy, diesel55

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
              Anyone who sells on ebay and takes photos will tell you that Black Painted and Chrome Plated parts can be one of the hardest things to photograph.
              Combine that with an "employee" who is not up to snuff on terminoligy (NOS) and someone is not afraid to tell others how to and when and how much to bid on parts but can't figure out that something that is listed as NOS but looks like it was used as a boat anchor in salt water spells disaster. God forbid you wait till Monday and pick up the phone and call them seeing it is the weekend and the "employee" just might have a life or a family. And maybe the seller is in Florida for the upcoming AMCA Meet but don't be paitent. Just make him look like DooDoo not just here but fling some poop at him over on the other forum. Nice! Way to Go! Real classy!
              On page 87 of the Winter 2012 AMC Mag we have a nice piece on the new AMC Board Member Code of Conduct. Number 7 states basically that BOARD MEMBERS should not use "disparaging" words in any context in communications with Board and Club Members on the AMC forum or any Public Forum. That probably is not the story here as I don't think any Board Members are involved? But wouldn't it be nice if EVERYONE in this Club including myself showed some respect for fellow club members?. And i'm not afraid to mention I had to look up the word "disparaging" in the Dictionary. What came up is "belittle, degrade and disgrace."
              Or is the whole thing just some well deserved Karma??. Sucks when someone who treats others like DooDoo gets a little taste of DooDoo? Signed, "The Profiteer".
              I in no way implied that anyone was Doo Doo. My whole point was to warn people to look carefully at items listed. It appears that I didn't look close enough at this one. Instead people accuse me of bashing, which I haven't done. I have always said I expect a good end to this. I was only using it as an example of poor photography, omitted information, and misused terms like NOS.
              Be sure to visit;

Comment

Chris, That thing is cursed, just send it to me and I’ll remove the demon from it for you. Hell I’ll even throw in the fifty bucks you lost.
                ------------
                Steve
                AMCA #7300

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                  I in no way implied that anyone was Doo Doo. My whole point was to warn people to look carefully at items listed. It appears that I didn't look close enough at this one. Instead people accuse me of bashing, which I haven't done. I have always said I expect a good end to this. I was only using it as an example of poor photography, omitted information, and misused terms like NOS.
                  Well then you should be good to go! Throw the Lid back in a box mail it back to the seller.
                  Enclose a note like this...
                  Dear Ebay seller _____,
                  Enclosed is a part I bought from you and it appears that I did not look close at it in the auction and i want my money back.
                  I would also like to let you know instead of taking the time to contact you personally about the mistake that I made I felt a need to point out to the whole world in a couple of public motorcycle forums that I have a problem not with you but with your EMPLOYEE. So I have warned the masses and used you as a poster child to point out we must watch out for poor photography, omitted information and misused terms like NOS. But I do expect a good end to all of this. Thanks, and sign it.

I'm sure that will work for you? "P"

Comment

buyer beware

you will definitly know it when Chris wants to bass you

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                    Kevin Valentine 13
                    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

not sayin chris is right with this route of informing but listing did say guaranteed nos - if I was you chris i'd hop on my trusty harley, drive to maggie valley and find a nos lid and trade the one they sent you for it

aka HAWG
                      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                      1940 indian chief military
                      1965 sportster xlch
                      1969 sportster xlch bobber
                      1971 bsa A65 chopper
                      1969 harley ss350 sprint
                      1960 harley topper
                      1963 harley topper
                      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                      1959 harley model 165
                      1960 harley super 10
                      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

"Employee" hardly fits. WTT, Wheels Through Time, is Dale Walksler's family. Not a giant faceless corporation.
                        Chris Haynes has once again stuck his head in his posterior orifice and made a worldwide, public denunciation of a fellow motorcycle guy, and his entire family, over a fifty dollar toolbox cover.

Chris once again proves that his personal relationship skills are sorely lacking. Junkyarddog and 46EL are right on the mark, and Chris, once again in an indefensible position, in the hole he's himself dug, proves that he hasn't the sense to quit digging. This should have been settled between men with a simple email exchange between the parties. and never become an internet forum issue, let alone two (here, and CAIMag, where Chris posted the identical complaint and was also roundly dissed)
                        Last edited by Sargehere; 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM.
                        Gerry Lyons #607
                        http://www.37ul.com/
                        http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=Sargehere;129145] This should have been settled between men with a simple email exchange between the parties.QUOTE]

That would be nice if they would respond.
                          Be sure to visit;

Comment

They probably took your 58 bucks and left the country. Most probably headed for Mexico to start new lives. I could picture the old man sitting on an old wooden porch in front of a saloon strummin a big guitar wearin a big Sombrerro smokin a cigar with a big scruffy beard trying to hide his identity. Your 58 bucks will be gone soon spent on buying the whole town a round of shots of tequila. A three legged dog hops up to a crusty old servi-car parked in front of the saloon and wizzes on the rusty old solid stylr wheel adding a little more patina to the mix. He chuckles thinking about his big 58 dollar score. Yep Gringo, the money is gone and now maybe time to come out of retirement and go back to work to recoup your losses. Too bad!

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                              They probably took your 58 bucks and left the country. Most probably headed for Mexico to start new lives. I could picture the old man sitting on an old wooden porch in front of a saloon strummin a big guitar wearin a big Sombrerro smokin a cigar with a big scruffy beard trying to hide his identity. Your 58 bucks will be gone soon spent on buying the whole town a round of shots of tequila. A three legged dog hops up to a crusty old servi-car parked in front of the saloon and wizzes on the rusty old solid stylr wheel adding a little more patina to the mix. He chuckles thinking about his big 58 dollar score. Yep Gringo, the money is gone and now maybe time to come out of retirement and go back to work to recoup your losses. Too bad!
                              .............Or maybe they are closed on Mondays??...Dunnow? .....Simple phone call would answer that.

Comment

Tell me more about the dog! It's the only thing worth reading in this thread. Not the person but the hound with three legs.
                                Last edited by Robert Luland; 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM.
                                AMCA #3149
                                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Working...
                                X