fla winter meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exeric View Post
    You bet Paul. We are the Gulf Coast Chapter and just became official in October. We are generally located in the Tampa area on the West Coast of Florida but we encourage, and welcome new members from anywhere.
    The Gulf Coast Chapter will be holding a quarterly meeting this Saturday, January 19th @ 3:00 pm, at the Harley-Davidson of Lakeland, Florida for anyone who would like to come by and join the fun... The highlight of our meeting will be the unveiling our new GCC Logo! Hope to see you all there!

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
      My vendor price did NOT go up, I have the vendor packet and the prices look to be the same as last year $40 outside and $60 inside. Where did your info come from?
      Oh I see $20 increase in motorhome parking....let me see $100,000 motorhome + paid $1000. gas to get there+ $20 more dollars to park...I don't see the problem.....
      Louie
      FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
      Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

For anyone that has been mis-informed about Eustis Swapmeet this year, a dedicated group of AMCA Members will hold the same old fashioned swapmeet at Lake County Fairgrounds, our key Vendors are mentioned on caimag.com forum under events and rallys. Some of the bigest players in the nos or correct reproduction parts will attend our meet as well as AMCA Members of other Chapters will attend a Venue that is still away from the Daytona madness and ticketfest.

Our meet is for the enthusist of old motorcycles that want to socialize with others that believe in keeping the tradition alive at Eustis in a friendly Town. The paved roads allow for bringing these old machines back to life for one more year. This year we again will have some of the Experts on hand that have written several Books or "Restoration Bibles" who will be more than happy to share their knowledge on how to have your bike judged or restored correctly. Do not miss this chance to meet some of the Elders of the Vintage Motorcycle hobby. All AMCA Chapter members welcome as well as other vintage clubs. www.vintagemotorcyclealliance.com Shelby

Comment

great to see this older posting back on page 1 hope the eustis meet grows larger more venders show up and becomes a bike week tradition so good luck vma paul g bergeron minot maine

Comment

As I said earlier in the thread Eustis is the one, but I also will visit the other, thanks,Larry

Comment

Hi Dan, Eustis is on for March 8 and 9, hope to see you there, I think you saw me and mudfish there last year, right? Rick "thesportsterguy"

Comment

Hi Rick. Hope you are having a good time down in FLA! I am not sure if I will make it yet- will drop you a note!!
                Dan
                Dan Margolien
                Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                Www.yankeechapter.org
                Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G Bergeron View Post
                  great to see this older posting back on page 1 hope the eustis meet grows larger more venders show up and becomes a bike week tradition so good luck vma paul g bergeron minot maine
                  A large number of the vendors come from the North East States, as you know, to escape the weather. With all the hard luck these people are having with all matter of storms, we are still looking at a good turn out. Even a bad economy will not stop most from making the trip

Not being allowed to advertise the event in Club Magazine does not help spread the word, the policy was changed to define us by National Board for exclusion it appears. We have support from several Chapters and Sponsors that enjoy and want to keep Eustis alive. This year we have a lot of people coming from out of State to the Campground, Tom Faber has set up to support our event, with camping before and after the swapmeet. Those that arive early will have a safe place to stay on the bank of the St. Johns River on SR44 for a small fee. Lake County is for those that choose to relax with friends away from the Madness that is Daytona and Volusia Co. Enjoy,

On a different forum you can see the major vendors that will set up with us, and they are almost all AMCA members with a right to choose location. Shelby

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyinparadise View Post
                    A large number of the vendors come from the North East States, as you know, to escape the weather. With all the hard luck these people are having with all matter of storms, we are still looking at a good turn out. Even a bad economy will not stop most from making the trip

Not being allowed to advertise the event in Club Magazine does not help spread the word, the policy was changed to define us by National Board for exclusion it appears. We have support from several Chapters and Sponsors that enjoy and want to keep Eustis alive. This year we have a lot of people coming from out of State to the Campground, Tom Faber has set up to support our event, with camping before and after the swapmeet. Those that arive early will have a safe place to stay on the bank of the St. Johns River on SR44 for a small fee. Lake County is for those that choose to relax with friends away from the Madness that is Daytona and Volusia Co. Enjoy,

On a different forum you can see the major vendors that will set up with us, and they are almost all AMCA members with a right to choose location. Shelby
                    helllo to all amca shelby said the vma was excluded from advertising in club mag free country ? anyway we can use this post to air our views the sunshine chapter felt free to move thats there thing members are free to go to there thats our thing .meanwhile its 13 degrees 18 inches of new snow fuel at 370 a gallon the meet just a few weeks away cant wait to get to some warm weather and some antique mc riding.so if anyone wants a good antique swap meet come on over from the busy cabbage patch area to check out eustis meet what the hell you may see some bikes traveling back and forth both meets have some merits come on over you may see some old friends . that part you dont know you need yet is waiting see you there paul g gergeron minot maine 7989

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G Bergeron View Post
                      helllo to all amca shelby said the vma was excluded from advertising in club mag free country ? anyway we can use this post to air our views the sunshine chapter felt free to move thats there thing members are free to go to there thats our thing .meanwhile its 13 degrees 18 inches of new snow fuel at 370 a gallon the meet just a few weeks away cant wait to get to some warm weather and some antique mc riding.so if anyone wants a good antique swap meet come on over from the busy cabbage patch area to check out eustis meet what the hell you may see some bikes traveling back and forth both meets have some merits come on over you may see some old friends . that part you dont know you need yet is waiting see you there paul g gergeron minot maine 7989
                      Paul, isn't that the truth. Can't wait to escape the winter cold of Pennsylvania for a week plus, even if 4 days is spent behind the windshield,,,, of the truck. Look forward to getting into Eustis to share the comeraderie of friends, meet new enthusiasts and sell or trade some merchandise. Got my same vendor spots at VMA Eustis event that I held for ten or so years and weather permitting will sell a similar volume as last year. Always a pleasure seeing faces we grew up with from across the country at AMCA events. Same focus throughout our lives,,,, collecting machines, raising kids, twisting wrenches, sharing experiences and now enjoying the fruits of it all. STATUS QUO!

Comment

It is getting closer, There is a Growing list of people planning to attend Tom Fabers Camping, for a social gathering of lovers of Vintage Motorcycles before and during the Eustis VMA Swapmeet, quite a few AMCA members who prefer the quiet of the forest to the Cabbage Patch noise and traffic. Help us keep the tradition of a Vintage Motorcycle event in Lake County alive by supporting our Vendors and our cause, one size does not fit all, and when people have a choice they will exersize their vote with their feet. All Local Chapter members are welcome.

Anyone else notice fuel costs have gone up .45 cents a gallon in the last month? All vendors that travel long distances to set up at All swapmeets are having to make hard choices on how far they can travel each year. This wll impact us all that expect to pick up a part, look at its quallity, and make a decision to buy it or not. If we are left to fleabay or other sites as our only way of shopping I fear the intrest in restoring our old motorcycles will suffer. Anybody that has been disapointed with their online purchases knows the value of dealing face to face. For a lot of people these large swapmeets is like a trade show, where you can meet with the people that are experts in their business, who is making what, quality of workmanship, who might know where the part you are looking for might be found.

Florida is a great place to have all the Motorcycle events around Daytona Bike Week pulling in people from around the world, and I encourage people to come help keep the tradition alive for antique motorcycle venues. This will be my 36th year of vending in Florida. Hope the Weather is on our side this year again, fuel prices are not. Thanks to all of the Vendors and Sponsors support for allowing the Eustis Meet to happen again this year. Shelby

Comment

fla winter meet time is nearing for the bike week up here in maine cold and snow ice in driveway fell on wed night sore ribs this sucks but on another note have loaded some parts to vend at eustis 45 stuff hope there is room for one more vender see you there paul g bergeron minot maine 7989

Comment

Working...
                          X