U.p.s. Lost 1914 harley frame stolen?????? 6/27/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.p.s. Lost 1914 harley frame stolen?????? 6/27/12

BEWARE, U.P.S. just lost a frame I bought from a guy in minnasota, after hours of phone calls- lost claim reports etc . they say they cant find it. Was tracked from minnasota to shrewsbury ,mass and shows it being unloaded there on 6/27 and then disappeared!. U.P.S. is not being very helpfull- the guy that shipped it to me did not put insurance on it
    Attached Files

Dewey, that blows. Been in this bad circle before. That is why everything that leaves here goes Fed-Ex. Brown sucks. Are they going to continue looking? Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

The email I just got from my U.P.S. rep-stated they have exhausted the search,and my claim is on file- not sure what that means! I asked for the address of the building it was last scanned in so I can file a police report, they refuse to give me the address.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear the news. I hope this one works out for you.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Oh no... was it UPS Freight? I stopped using UPS Freight a few years ago because of problems like that... the good news is that it will probably turn up because they haven't got a clue on how to track stuff down... it gets reported "lost", you file a claim and the next thing you know it shows up at your door without any notice. Good luck, I hope it shows up!
          Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
            Oh no... was it UPS Freight? I stopped using UPS Freight a few years ago because of problems like that... the good news is that it will probably turn up because they haven't got a clue on how to track stuff down... it gets reported "lost", you file a claim and the next thing you know it shows up at your door without any notice. Good luck, I hope it shows up!
            890. 04/10/2012 """nastycough@gmaildot com message: WARNING. I have had 3 packages stolen by UPS employees over the last 4 months. FIrst a frame disappeared, second 4 741 forks and a set of 640 cylander heads (these were ordered from Rocky Halter, make sure he uses USPS and ships with insurance other wise you are screwed). Now a set of near NOS 541 cases, serial number EDA106 have been slolen by the Ogdenville NY UPS store. THERE IS A THEFT RING NATIONWIDE AT UPS, BEWARE!!
            Copied from Georges classified ads, kinda looks common???hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by DEWGARINC View Post
              The email I just got from my U.P.S. rep-stated they have exhausted the search,and my claim is on file- not sure what that means! I asked for the address of the building it was last scanned in so I can file a police report, they refuse to give me the address.
              if you check on line with your tracking # you should be able to tell the last building it was in. anyway the situation sucks. now you and the seller will start arguing over who gets the money for the frame. i wish i could tell you how to handle this one. if i pick up at an auction for a customer and then show up at their house without their painting it's on me. they would want to sue me for 30 g's. i never understood ups or the post offices insurance. i give you something to ship and you f it up why is that on me. but i have to ask why no insurance on the frame. i hope it shows up in a week or two
              rob ronky #10507
              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I sure hope it works out for you Dewey, and I hope you don't have to get a lawyer. I despise UPS and have been royally, and expensively burned by them. It's always scarey to ship any valuable object but I feel better with the USPS.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

UPS is the worst to ship to Canada also, I never get anything sent from them. Hope it works out for you.

Comment

Dewy

I had some parts mailed through UPS from Dale, they were lost in the system for several weeks. Yes they did finally show up unannounced.

joe

Comment

Just a question, why would anyone ship anything over $200 value without insurance ?!! Buyer or seller

Comment

UPS, FedEx and the Post Office all have their faults; things go missing. I send all of my stuff with enough insurance to get the shipping company's attention. If we lose trust in the 'mails' this whole country is in the toilet.
                        Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

My friend in Daytona has never gotten an order from V-twin without the boxes opened and resealed-parts missing UPS.In Iowa I have never had a box opened and messed with UPS.

Comment

UPS has real time tarcking. No way you can't find where that package is. Come on, now,,,,,,,, And after the first time, I sure as hell would be doing things different. I wish you the best with the recovery of your merchandise. Mike

Comment

How do they lose a package 12 x 36 x 48 ?????????????????? and you can see it was scanned coming off the truck on a day and time and city- and yet they cannot find it and it has never been scanned again! YOU BET I WILL NEVER SHIP WITH THE BIG BROWN TRUCK AGAIN!

Comment

Working...
                              X