No announcement yet.

Austin's Bobber Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!!! Very nice!!! That paint scheme is PERFECT!!! Nice choice Austin!!
    I might have to make Davenport just to see this bike and meet you guys. I am blown away on this. Legendary build for sure and i'm with BigLakeBob...I need to get off my ass and do something...LOL
    Can't wait to see the final assembly.
    Who did the paint job? Austin?
    Len.
    P.s. I'll admit it, i'm way jealous and please tell him congrates.
    AMCA #765

Comment

Excellent job Austin. The paint looks great....can hardly wait to see it all completed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
        Beautiful!! I think a new thread should be 'Legendary Bike Builds in Record Time'. I think you need to loan Austin out every summer until he graduates to a member that needs help. Heck, I can't get anything done, if you guys can build a whole bike in 2 months he would be a big help to me over the summer. Looks great Austin! Bob
        Every night this week 11-12 oclock quitting time last night non school night 3 am and he got to a football game today.
        We have squeezed 12 months into 2 and I am wore out. Austin is too excited to be wore out.
        He is at the shop so I gotta go...
        Bob

Comment

A peek

Photobucket
          Photobucket
          Photobucket
          Photobucket
          Still going
          Details, details details
          headlight and dash, some small things but we will be at d-port even if not 100%

Bob/Austin

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous!! You both should be very proud, especially Austin. Hell, I'm proud of him!
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
              Hell, I'm proud of him!
              Me too!!! It's good to know kids like you are still out there. Good job!!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

NO WAY !!! Finished already. Couldn't you have dragged the build out a little longer for our reading pleasure?

Great job guys see you at D.port.

joe

Comment

YYES!!! Way to go, BOTH of you!

Please post more photos from D-port for us po-folks that can't go...
                  Last edited by frichie68; 08-28-2012, 03:59 PM.
                  Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Great old school cool.Excelent job/father and son. Be Sharp-Be Hip- BeBop.

Comment

• HEY Austin/have a roth carb cover that was swiss cheesed /its your if you want to mess with.

Comment

• 100% incredable job! You guys did it fast. Great Job Austin. Bob L
                        AMCA #3149
                        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

• Excellent job Austin.....looks great. You certainly have something to be proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel55 View Post
                            HEY Austin/have a roth carb cover that was swiss cheesed /its your if you want to mess with.
                            Cool are you gonna be at davenport? Maybe we could hook up.
                            Austin

Comment

• I have a very short video of Austin starting the bike (I was worried about Oil) but have nooooo idea how to post so..
                              6 primers because he was not feeling the kickstart pedal then Varooooooom!!!!!!
                              Instantly he got that "I'm a biker" look on his face
                              Of course his first response was can I ride it on the track. Hell no!
                              Anyway we can't wait to meet you all, we have a vending spot to sell Austin's KHK And some other parts if I have time to load em otherwise it will be command central. Thanks so very much for all the positive input and we will post some pics after the meet for the folks that couldn't make it. This was a very intense project but When I saw the look on his face when it fired up it was worth it. I told him tonight he has an opportunity to meet some good people and learn way more than I could ever teach him with this bike. I hope he does and I think he will.
                              Bob

Comment

• Davenport

I can't say enough words on how we were treated at the Blackhawk chapter regional meet.

BEYOND NICE, SUPPORTIVE AND ENCOURAGING!!!!!!

We got a text and it seems Austin won 3rd place peoples choice!!!
                                The meet was the best I have seen in the 5 years I have been going. The main alley in front of the Race track was packed, you had to dodge folks just to get through! Austin, his Mom Crystal, friend (painter, Mike) and myself had to get home Saturday so we loaded about 11:00 am and hit the road. Austin started the bike the night before we loaded into the trailer after it fired, no tuning or de-bugging. Thursday we unloaded and rolled the bike out for tuning, it fired on the first kick. I showed him how to adjust Carb and we had the bike running decent but had a couple clutch-shifter issues we worked out. We got the bike to the show building and set it up. Austin was over run with comments as well as Mike on the paint. Mike is only 25 so in my book he is a kid also but he stepped up big on this project and I can't thank him enough. He is a solid guy and a good friend. Tim Schumacher sold us the bike/project and was there with all his family and were fired up to see the bike. I wish I could have met his Wife, she has had a rough time this year but I have heard alot about her and got a feeling she will be at full speed next year so we can see her then. Mike was asking me about Cases and Heads, I have a frame I told him I would give him to get him started (He is hooked I think!!). Anyway it was a great meet and I thank you all for the kind words to my son and me. Austin picked up some NOS parts and others to continue improving on the bike. He finally got his first ride today and went like a pro except he thinks he is riding a dirt bike and keeps planting his foot in the turns...we will work on that
                                I have a ton of pics and will post but I just wanted to let all that couldn't make it know what went down.
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X