Austin's Bobber Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
    Nice job on the square holes in the horn conversion. Now you must finish the conversion by getting a steel typewriter to re-type the data on the back side center washer into the proper font size.

joe
    Its on order
    Thanks
    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by knuckcrazy View Post
      The weekend was mostly body work, every thing stripped and smoothed ready for Primer. We still have some work on the front fender and should finish tonight.
      Austin stripped his last parts for parkerizing and we will cook them tonight.
      Photobucket
      We have a speedo cable to donate to someone cause it dont fit this bike!!
      Photobucket
      Photobucket
      Stolen parts, Austin found a brake lever he liked better than me I guess.
      I will get it back
      Photobucket
      Sent pm on the cable. Len.
      AMCA #765

Comment

The shows on TV build em in 10 days..I call Bullshi+ on that

Photobucket
        Photobucket
        Photobucket
        Photobucket
        Photobucket
        Davenport is right around the corner. Everything is in the maroon color, fenders are layed our for scallops and will be painted tonight.
        Tanks will be complete tomorrow. I know it has the wrong font on the horn and dont care, hell I am just glad my 13 year old even knows what a 9 bolt horn is. When you see the bike at Davenport cut him some slack and remember that a 13 year old kid built most of this bike and 100%% of the design was him. Austin can't do much with the paint thing so he is jumping in where he can. I was looking at the bike Saturday getting together a game plan for the day and noticed Austin picking up the parkerizing hotplates and other things, putting tools away and cleaning all with out being asked. That got me thinking and I realized he has not played his video game 1 time this summer that I can remember. I am very proud of Austin and he has worked his heart out on this bike and it is his right or wrong, he did it like he wanted.
        Mission accomplished.
        I have not posted many pics of the paint because it has been a whirl wind trying to get it done. I will try and post pics of the bike when paint is done, time permitting. If not this will be the final post for this project. Hope you enjoyed a look into Austins project.

Bob Williams
        Proud Father
        AMCA 10493

Comment

I think its great the way you and Austin spent the summer of 2012. I was lucky enough to buy a pan basket at 18 and finish by 19 yrs old. I look back at the pictures and all the mistakes, besides being a chopper. Just wait and see how much he will advance by the time he is 19, what a fanastic jump he has gotten from you. I look forward to seeing it! Bob
          Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Bob, I don’t think anyone is going to cut him any slack, because applause is all he will be hearing, and he deserves it. It’s nice to see high standards being passed along from father to son.
            ------------
            Steve
            AMCA #7300

Comment

quote proud pappa: " I realized he has not played his video game 1 time this summer that I can remember." end qu

Good on you, pops! Your kind of parenting is what we should all practice. I'm proud of you, too.
              My 5-yr-old grandson took his first mini-bike ride on his 5th birthday. He has sat and watched me wrench, humming his little kindergarten songs to me. Now he takes the chain guard off his bicycle, and re-installs it. Yesterday the pedals were off. .... and he wears bibs and boots (like grandpa) when he comes to the farm to help me with chores. .. and he never watches tv when he's here!
              there is hope!

Comment

I have been building bikes for a long time and know how much effort Austin and Bob have put forth on this project.
                This build is worthy. I nominate this thread to the "Legendary Bike Builds"

A father son team what could be better?

joe
                Last edited by Slojo; 08-21-2012, 09:33 PM.

Comment

This has been a really great thread. A father seeing his son through a cool project and a kid who had the ambition to take it on. Wouldn't it be something if Austin inspired other young folks to get out of the house and turn some wrenches??? I second Joe on the "Legendary Bike Builds" notion.
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

I second Slojo's nomination for the "Legendary Bike Builds" Would also be the makings for a great article in "The Antique Motorcycle" with photos and cover. Not all members go to this forum but they receive the magazine. It might stimulate others and get more youth involvement.

Comment

All good ideas, where is our national youth directors involvement???
                      Louie
                      FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                      Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
                        All good ideas, where is our national youth directors involvement???
                        Thanks for the kind words All, and our youth Director is on her Honeymoon with our previous Youth Director and I would not even dream of silencing their thunder right now.
                        They are starting a lifetime journey, this can wait
                        Bob

Comment

Found a tank pic

Austins colors,
                          Little ahead now will try and post final pics before we leave for D-port.
                          Bob
                          Photobucket

Comment

VERY nice!!!
                            Bob Selph
                            1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
                            1940 Sport Scout
                            AMCA#15215

Comment

Beautiful!! I think a new thread should be 'Legendary Bike Builds in Record Time'. I think you need to loan Austin out every summer until he graduates to a member that needs help. Heck, I can't get anything done, if you guys can build a whole bike in 2 months he would be a big help to me over the summer. Looks great Austin! Bob
                              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

I'm liking that paint!!! That bike is going to POP!!!
                                Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X