• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Great Fathers day weekend

Photobucket
    By the book
    Photobucket
    I was actually suprised when we took apart wheels to bead blast spokes both rims and both hubs are OEM I was kinda wondering about front but it is the real deal
    Photobucket
    BUSTED!! caught him in my parts. checking fit if a big twin rear stand, dont think so junior
    Photobucket
    Punching out his floorboard mats.
    Photobucket
    taking apart front end to finish a few parts like he wants them.
    Photobucket
    He does pretty good work, still needs star lock washers under star cover screws but its close.

Comment

More Fathers Day pics

Photobucket
      His first Floor board.
      Photobucket
      Chasing threads on his front axel
      Photobucket
      I butchered up his fender as per his layout (Cut off wheel a little much for his mothers stress level)
      Photobucket
      Wore out and doin what kids do now a days, probably looking at Motorcycle parts if I was guessing!!!!
      The best Fathers Day I could have ever wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by TimR View Post
        Would you believe the cups are for the upper side car mount, right or left hand side car.
        Any body have any pics of this, I dont think I have ever even seen a WLA with a side car.

Comment

missed one, Austin sanding off those pesky little "B"s from spokes
          Photobucket

Comment

Looking great....doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Great stuff! Young Austin is starting to make me feel like I'm slacking though........
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                Great stuff! Young Austin is starting to make me feel like I'm slacking though........
                Austin took the day off today and went fly fishing, I on the other hand got to go to work.
                I am sure he will be rested for more work tomorrow evening. I on the other hand will not be.
                Oh well

Comment

Ha! He also steps out to fly fish???? Man.. he's got it all figured out...
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Exhausted

How in the modern age we live in can we not make repop exhaust pipes that fit?
                    I'm not talkin about minor tweaks I'm talk in about cutting sh1+ all the way apart and spending 2 days making them fit.
                    We have cnc tube benders, cad/cam, and have put people on the frigging moon but we can't make a exhaust that fits out of the box.
                    I won't even get into the clamps because they suck also.
                    Im done.
                    Austin is having a hard time finding a clutch strap for his bike. He has a repop chrome one but wants the real deal so if you have one and will sell let us know.
                    Waiting on a few parts right now and working on exhaust, will post pics tomorrow.
                    1 exhausted Knuckcrazy.

Comment

Austin's paint color

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

Austin and I met Kenny Presson a few years back in Rock Island Illinois. Kenny and Austin hit it off well and Kenny enjoyed showing Austin his large collection of Knuckle parts. He kept the "good stuff" in his living room, it was unreal. Anyway Kenny had a set of 36 HD sheet metal finished and painted in Maroon and Nile green and Austin was hooked. It is one of the most "distinct" paint combinations I think The Motor Company has ever had. As I said before by Austin for Austin so these are the colors he is going with. The major or base color will be the maroon and the scallops will be the Nile green. He also wants a 36-39 tank transfer for the tank art. John Pierce has helped us with another project with outstanding results so we had him provide the paint. After the order we found out the paint work Austin saw at Kennys that day John also provided the paint for it, kinda cool I think. Anyway for better or worse here is the paint colors.
                      The other pics are parts Austin dug off of my shelf for use on his bike.
                      Check out the parkerized winged horn cover.
                      Still waiting on a few parts then we are going to marathon, Austin cleaned the shop today and is ready.
                      Hope he doesn't tackle and hurt the UPS dude when he pulls in the yard but better him than me.

Comment

Hello all this is Austin. This is my first post. I hope you like the build as much as I do. My dad has recently talked to the youth coordinator and I am hoping to become a full amca member soon. Thanks for all of the nice and generous comments. What do you all think about the parkerized horn face. Paint it or leave it.
                        Thanks, Austin Williams

Comment

Painted maroon might be kinda neat.

Comment

I'm kinda thinkin' leave it parkerized, I like the way it looks in the pic. If you really don't like the way it looks on the finished bike you can always shoot it with some color later.
                            Eric Olson
                            Membership #18488

Comment

Originally posted by knuckcrazy View Post
                              How in the modern age we live in can we not make repop exhaust pipes that fit?
                              I'm not talkin about minor tweaks I'm talk in about cutting sh1+ all the way apart and spending 2 days making them fit.
                              We have cnc tube benders, cad/cam, and have put people on the frigging moon but we can't make a exhaust that fits out of the box.
                              I won't even get into the clamps because they suck also.
                              Im done.
                              Austin is having a hard time finding a clutch strap for his bike. He has a repop chrome one but wants the real deal so if you have one and will sell let us know.
                              Waiting on a few parts right now and working on exhaust, will post pics tomorrow.
                              1 exhausted Knuckcrazy.
                              I feel for ya man.... there's nothing like opening up that brand spanking new part to immediately have to modify it to make it fit. You'd think that in this day in age stuff would be easy to replicate. Apparently not.... well that is except for the smaller time grass roots folks that take pride in their work and produce top quality products just like they did in the good old days.
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by knuckcrazy View Post
                                Hello all this is Austin. This is my first post. I hope you like the build as much as I do. My dad has recently talked to the youth coordinator and I am hoping to become a full amca member soon. Thanks for all of the nice and generous comments. What do you all think about the parkerized horn face. Paint it or leave it.
                                Thanks, Austin Williams
                                Welcome aboard Austin! As for painting or leaving the horn face... you can do like Eric mentions and try it out and decide from there. The beauty about a bobber is you can get away with a little creativity!! I kinda agree with Dewey though that it may look kinda "neat" painted. Just remember it's easier to add paint than take it off!!! I dig your choice in colors. Your pick for a tank decal is cool too! That bike is gonna pop!!!
                                Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X