No announcement yet.

Dixion Ca. swap meet June 15,16,17 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The meets over and here are a few pictures. The heat was there but the breeze helped make it just fine. Alot of venders and few buying coustomers. This was the best meet there so far. Almost as good as Oley
    Virginia Sands had some very cool neon signs for sale 541-688-0287. Vince had some cool bikes for sale 916-823-7870.
    Had a board meeting of the head frames. Even dozen, no one made any moves.
    This is the best meet on the West coast.
    I would like to put on pictures on but they have screwed it up ones again.
    Last edited by marsh1915hd; 06-17-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marsh1915hd View Post
      Alot of venders and few buying customers.
      seems to be a recent trend. do you think it's over priced parts or just mouths in their wallets? at rhinebeck no one made offers
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Great Meet!!

I made it out Friday & Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed both days. Weather did stay tolerable on Saturday which was a great relief. I brought cash looking to spend, but what I found was either priced too high for me or needed work I would be unable to do. Maybe I should have made more offers, but when I’m looking to spend $1000-1500 and someone is asking $3000, is there really much chance they’re gonna come down to my comfort zone. If it’s marked double my highest and best offer, I’m just gonna keep walking along. There were tons of vendors around though, and I did see guys carting off parts. I’m glad to see a few transactions were made.

On the viewing side of things there were tons of great bikes, and Saturdays showing under the shade trees was the most I’ve seen in the few years I’ve been attending. Friday’s judging seminar by Carl Olsen was great to hear, and doing the tallying for him on Saturday was a nice way for me to get further introduced to the world of judging. Maybe next year I’ll make it out with a team to shadow some judges and watch them go over these beautiful machines. It was also interesting to sit in on the Presidents discussion of the current state of affairs surrounding our tax exemption status. I appreciate him coming out and talking with us directly, and although not everyone was happy to hear what he had to say, at least it was all being discussed. From what little I know and heard, I feel confident that he and the board are working in the best interests of the membership. Keep up the good work.

I’ll try to post some pictures and see if it works. If it does I’ve got plenty more to add. Sorry if I rambled on too long, but my head is still swimming with all the good times I had.
        P6150063.jpgP6150064.jpgP6150065.jpg
        Eric Olson
        Membership #18488

Comment

Cool pics Eric!!! Thanks!!!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Eric, come to Wauseon and help us with the judging. We can always use it and it makes for a great experience. The apprentice program is not too intimidating and many people will talk you through the process. See me Friday AM at the registration booth, I will sign you up.
            Denise

Comment

More Pics...

Sorry for the delay, but I at last have a few more minutes to post. Glad you enjoyed the pictures Cory, but the bikes are so much better in person. You really need to come on down. Denise, wish I could make it back Wauseon for the meet, but afraid not this year. Who knows down the road. When I do make it I will look you up. Here are the rest of the pics I promised.
              P6150081.jpgP6150083.jpgP6150086.jpgP6150087.jpgP6150090.jpg
              Eric Olson
              Membership #18488

Comment

and more

P6150093.jpgP6150094.jpgP6150096.jpgP6150097.jpgP6150099.jpg
                Eric Olson
                Membership #18488

Comment

P6150101.jpgP6150115.jpgP6150116.jpgP6150117.jpgP6150122.jpg
                  Eric Olson
                  Membership #18488

Comment

P6160062.jpgP6160057.jpgP6160063.jpgP6160077.jpgP6160078.jpg
                    Eric Olson
                    Membership #18488

Comment

P6160084.jpgP6160089.jpgP6160091.jpgP6160092.jpgP6160094.jpg
                      Eric Olson
                      Membership #18488

Comment

P6160100.jpgP6160097.jpgP6160095.jpgP6160101.jpgP6160102.jpg
                        Eric Olson
                        Membership #18488

Comment

Again Eric.... thank-you very much for the great photos! With all those cool bikes I am going to have to make it down to California for an eye full!!! Oh, did you get a look at that engine hiding behind that Harley with the custom duct tape/towel seat cover? It's looking like it could be a Pope?
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Glad you enjoyed the additional pics Cory. Sorry I don't have any closer shots of that motor. Not sure how I missed a close-up of it, too many other goodies distracting me I guess.
                            Eric Olson
                            Membership #18488

Comment

Good eyes Cory!
                              It was a '14 Pope Twin, complete with carb & mag. Looks like it was set for stationary use at one time.
                              RF.

Comment

No worries Eric... I noticed plenty of distractions in the photos!!!

Thanks for the positive ID Red Fred!! If it weren't for the stationaries we'd have a lot less engines to appreciate!!
                                Cory Othen
                                Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                                X