Dixion Ca. swap meet June 15,16,17 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixion Ca. swap meet June 15,16,17 2012

Been packing my trailer for the meet next week. This has become one of the best meets I go to. Each year it gets better, more people and more parts. The weather is alway good and the grounds are the best. Easy to get in and out with good spaces and nice bathrooms with showers. Come join us it's the best meet out west for the old stuff.
    Going to take a pile of early Harley J and JD parts. Some early J cylinders 1917-1919, motor cases, early ones 1915,1916 and many other years, cam and timing gears, Wheels,1929 forks, flywheels, Corbin speedometers and cables.
    I need to get busy building some switchs for Harleys 1936 to 73. I have a pile of keys for them and am looking for more, you have any? They are getting $100 or more for junk ones on e-bay. I seen one sell for over $500 the other day, crazy.

Dixon looks like a great location, and there are always fantastic motorcycles from the pictures I've seen. I wish Eustis didn't get shafted from the AMCA roster.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
      Dixon looks like a great location, and there are always fantastic motorcycles from the pictures I've seen. I wish Eustis didn't get shafted from the AMCA roster.
      ditto Eric. Reminds me of Viking meet in Farmington, which was always a good VENDOR meet. Now it's a show meet. But I must be in the minority thinking that a meet is more for its members and (member) vendors than anything else.

Comment

Dixon

Mr. Marsh, Thanks for the good words on our meet. We filled up our usual big field already and had to add another. We even got a great California Country band playing at the banquet Friday nite. Remember early comers (vendors) get that great Dutch oven meal on Thursday evening. It's on us and the Yerba Buena boys and girls. Friday's the day for parts chasing with Saturday's show time and citizens on patrol. Remember to bring a Flathead this year. Ya come now!
        DrSprocket

Comment

The Dixon meet is growing steadily. It is great to have a meet that offers those nice shade trees. I ask that you attend the Saturday morining judges breakfast and sign up as apprentice judges and learn what its all about. Lotsa nice new motels in the area and great food and grog a couple blocks down the street at Buds Pub & Grill. ;-)
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Thank you Richard and I will see you there. Thursday for the good food and friendship. It's a long ways from under the freeway.
            These are a few of the parts I am bring to Dixon. I just hope to make some money for gas, it's $4.28 here
            Terry Marsh
            [/IMG]

Comment

All it's going to take is to see a few more great photos and I'm etching it in the calendar for next year!! I hope you folks have a good one.
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Yes Cory you need to come down. I have been going to Tenino WA. meet for many year and this meet in Dixon Ca. is way better. The best on the West coast. Come to Tenino this year, it's only a few hundered mile for you. In B.C. a 1000 miles is a days drive.

Comment

Terry,

Tenino has been on my "to do list" for quite some time but I never seem to make it. I told my wife that next year we are pencilling in California for June!!! Ha! You are right about the driving here in B.C.! We drive a long way up here to get to anywhere!!! Tenino is but a short 600 miles or so for me.... Have a safe trip to Dixon! I hope you sell lots and find some good stuff!!!
                  Last edited by c.o.; 06-09-2012, 04:12 PM. Reason: grammar
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Cory,
                    Come to Dixon and the margaritas are on me.
                    Be sure to visit;

Comment

Chris!!!

I would love nothing more than to make it to Dixon this year but I'll have to sit this one out. Heck, I still have to get a valid passport to cross the border!!! Have fun for me though would ya? I'll take you up on that margarita next year!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Be there Saturday, and will try to make Fri night- depends on where I'm working Fri

Comment

I'll be there early Friday AM. Have cash, am traveling.
                          Be sure to visit;

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                            I'll be there early Friday AM. Have cash, am traveling.
                            No brag, just fact
                            Who said that one?

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGene View Post
                              No brag, just fact
                              Who said that one?
                              Will Sonnet

Comment

Working...
                              X