No announcement yet.

Davenport Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds good! We can start with a couple of Yuenglings under the tarp.

Comment

Robin, will be GREAT seeing you back at Davenport. Has not been the same without you, especially for us Indian and Honda guys. Bringing the motorhome. Let the harrassment start now!
      Time for Indian school to start!

Comment

I've been so busy I haven't noticed how much time has gone by. It will be good to see all my friends at Davenport. Are you bringing the little motorhome or the ""Taj Ma-home"". What bike are you bringing? I'll be bringing an Indian Enfield and a Honda for sale. I'll also be bringing a 1917 Model O Indian frame, fork and engine and 1931 Chief frame and engine cases, and a bunch of other parts, but, you won't believe it, I found a pair of Harley gas tanks, 1937-39, with the petcocks and shifter gate. Davenport is having custom and period modified for their theme, not sure what I'm bringing, I'll think of something. I've run a few short sessions of Indian school lately, but I know what you mean, I'll get it going.

Comment

Bringing the Taj-ma-home. Prabably no bikes, just the bar stool racer. I may be tagged to bring a bike home so no room for mine, but they have all been shown there in the past, and the rest are still being built. Just need a lot bike, which the bar stool does well. Was thinking about the CT90, but may need the space. Hopefully by next Davenport the 841 will be done. Bringing a few pieces for inspection, however.
          You mentioned the H-word! You better watch it or someone may mention a certain sweater you were caught in!

Comment

Hi all, I just got back from Davenport, what a meet! It was the biggest Davenport ever! I big round of THANKS to the Blackhawk people for putting on a fabulous meet, as usual. It's always great to see old friends and meet many new ones. I've already put this meet on next years calendar. If you missed it this year, don't make the same mistake next year! Robin

Comment

Best ever for me too Robin. Hotel is booked for 2013.(I left a feedback response on the other Davenport thread as I didn't notice there were two)
              Ross

Comment

Robin, just got back myself after a three day drive. Was GREAT seeing your return to the big show put on by Blackhawk. It was fun watching folks wait their turn getting to the "grand master" of Indian for help with parts or information on their restorations including advice on concours/judging type stuff. I keep hearing the words "Indian School" in the wind. Wasn't the same the last few years without you.
                The meet was awesome with more venders than ever. There was a huge new area in back with black top for venders and possible eventual use of a gigantic building for other activites, possibly indoor vending in the future? The only spoiler was the weather. The remains of Isaac scared people off starting Friday afternoon, which was a shame as most were spooked and gone early Saturday due to the storm worries. St. Louis had 4 inches rain Friday night.
                Great party atmoshere overall. Bill and Angela Fowler did their usual awesome cooking. Found some goodies as usual. Look forward to the next one. Marty

Comment

I've been going since 1994 and have only missed a couple. As always it was a great meet. I was disappointed to find out that all of the 2012 pins had been sold out by the time I got there (about 1:30 Friday). Anyone have an extra they want to part with?

Comment

this had to be the best Davenport ever!!! I was told there was a record setting 850 vendors and the spectator count was a record I beleive that as you could hardly walk the rows on Friday for all the people vendors that I did get to talk to said that they "were doing alright" but by the grins on their faces I think that was an understatement
                    it was a shame that there were no AMCA board members there but that is their loss
                    I already reserved my hotel room for next year and everybody should make plans to be there

Comment

Originally posted by billyb View Post
                      this had to be the best Davenport ever!!! I was told there was a record setting 850 vendors and the spectator count was a record I beleive that as you could hardly walk the rows on Friday for all the people vendors that I did get to talk to said that they "were doing alright" but by the grins on their faces I think that was an understatement
                      it was a shame that there were no AMCA board members there but that is their loss
                      I already reserved my hotel room for next year and everybody should make plans to be there
                      There was a board member there.

Comment

All 3 Olsens were there as Miss B is now Mrs. B. The olsens are great ambassadors for the club and carl's two kids were everywhere at the meet and spent time talking to everyone. Wished I had made their wedding.
                        Ross

Comment

Working...
                        X